A few changes, including refund policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jan 7, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

? The reference of "previous employer" was in reference to iRacing, obviously.

2. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Not only previuos employer. Previous employer who starts to make money with unfinished product. I think you understand me.

3. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

And i thought it was just a funny one liner,,i must start taking everything in here more serious.starting to feel a little out of place:)

4. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I think it stills funny. :)

5. sg333

sg333 Registered

I was saying that if you released/marketed RF2 right now, you're marketing a road-course racing sim. Having oval content IN the main release means you can say "oval racers this is for you, too".

Makes no difference to me/us here as we know its coming, but I was just thinking thats how it was going to be for 'gold'

6. 88mphTim

Ah, I see. I've made a point of saying for a while that most, probably all, oval content will come later. As will dirt racing, rallying, etc. It would be important to get one type of racing further along, before starting another. We obviously do have some content, but it needs another art pass for sure (at least).

However, there's nothing to stop modders from bringing some content in before we do, though they'll have to work within the limits of what we've given them so far.

7. Seth

Seth Registered

you' saying page 2 "We certainly aren't where we wanted to be at this point, but we are where we are. It's time to try something different."

But seems by reading all the other post you've made to be satisfied with the development. You want us to try something different, what do you mean, you want us to pay for something not achieve, and pay for a simrace that is obsolete by his technology as soon as released ? For sure that's something different.

I can notice you've not replied to the post of Mad-King....strange isn't it ??

And you'r still not explaining why not using direct X 11 ?? you don't have arguments,or maybe you want to keep your 5 year old late and an update with DX11 will be done in five years when pc games will be running under DX17 ??

Sorry but i really don't understand how passionate simrace persons (hope you'r one of them Tim) can make a game for passionate simracers without trying to make the best from both world physix and graphix. Maybe that's just a Moral question.....

1 person likes this.
  8. 88mphTim

I'm actually not asking you to do anything. And I'm certainly not asking you to do anything this week that you weren't doing last week.

So I know which post I made doesn't exist, do you mean this reply:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-refund-policy?p=130859&viewfull=1#post130859
    this one?
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-refund-policy?p=130847&viewfull=1#post130847
    this one?
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-refund-policy?p=130558&viewfull=1#post130558
    this one?
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-refund-policy?p=130565&viewfull=1#post130565
    this one?
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-refund-policy?p=130585&viewfull=1#post130585
    this one?
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-refund-policy?p=130551&viewfull=1#post130551
    or, this one?
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-refund-policy?p=130556&viewfull=1#post130556

Just so I know where I have been lacking in my communications. And I'm not going to explain DX11 to you, no. There's been enough communication about that, too. The fact you're even asking, means you haven't understood the reasons posted, or don't care about those reasons. The fact you're calling it "obselete technology" is laughable, and shows you don't care for the reasons. You're going to have to live with not getting an answer on this again, it's just not worth the wear on the keyboard. Thanks. :)

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Quote Originally Posted by TIG_green View Post
    Personally I liked it better when it was called rf2 beta because then we could wait all the things Wajdi said to the "gold" version. But now when it is rf2 and the developement is a continious process (as it were before) then we can not be sure what we get this year. Before, I believe that we could wait for all those things Wajdi mentioned implemented somehow before the end of 2013 and call the rf2 version "gold". Now maybe ISI could just implement some of the things after 5 years because it is a continious project.

I DO NOT BELIEVE that this will happen but the fear is strong

Fine, maybe not clear as I read it trough :D But I said I know that it has always been continious developement project (if you read carefully). I just meant that this continious developement thing is confusing to those that want it all now (including me, aka. impatient people) :D and also I like to know when I can call something "ready" (which does not mean same as perfect). But I will do my best to keep patient :) rf2 has still been the greatest racing game for me.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... I must remember that one... :D

11. Seth

Seth Registered

For the first part i mean the post of Mad_King on page 4 #74
    For the DX11 explaination CAN you give me the link about your communication please ?
    And what i call "obsolete technologie" is all about DX9 not your work about physix.

12. 88mphTim

I understand that, but this (calling something "ready") is heavily dependent on what YOU wanted, and always has been. For some people it's going to be content based, because as someone else in this thread said, he needs oval racing to go with road racing, for it to feel that way to him. I've seen various posts, with percentages of completion, etc, and that's everyones own views. But again, last week, this week, same build, no difference. It's as complete as it is now, and will be as complete as it is after each update. Though again, let me stress, I understand the position folks have on where they feel things are. That's OK.

13. 88mphTim

Why would I answer a post directly asking someone else (Max)? And in any case, I'm not seeing much to answer, he is outlining his issues with the software as-is. And like I said in the post above, everyone has a different list, and ISI is obviously working on the software, just like they were last week, this week, next week.

Why hear it from me?
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7163-Directx?p=92298&viewfull=1#post92298

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

You took that out of context ( the very thing you hate yourself). My other half of the text did not defend his actions/words. And obviously I meant to use ' sign instead of ". So not demands but request is what I meant. So yeah, I fully understand that any gamer is not in a position to order around or demand anything from game developers. That said, your hostility came as a suprise.

All I really needed to say was that well argued and polite posts are always good.

15. 88mphTim

I don't see hostility, and didn't feel it. Disbelief would be what I both see and felt. If you felt otherwise, I apologize for making you feel so...

Yes they are. :)

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

For me, rf2 is already quite good content wise. Just looking foward to the other stuff :)

17. Seth

Seth Registered

Tanks for the link about DX11 it's édifiant to finaly see by reading the all post that rf2 would look the same under DX11 not because DX11 is not making better graphx quality, but only because the develloppers are not good enought...that's terrific....but still you do développe great car physix that's worth to say.
    Didn't you said :"it's just not worth the wear on the keyboard."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  18. RMachucaA

RMachucaA Registered

And therein lies much of the frustration that all of this situation is giving to modding teams\individuals.

At the very least, if you expect modders to be adding decent quality content, you have to give them a stable, functioning platform onto which they can start working without having to worry about redoing all of the materials\texture\physics setups because everything changed from one build to the next, not to mention that there are multiple very important features that are completely missing or will be overhauled (damage, proper suspension animations, advanced shaders etc).

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think this thread summarizes into two things: marketing and confidence. I'll explain

In my opinion if ISI has changed the refund policy (for a second time so far) is due to a marketing decision taken in the company to adapt to a different market situation. In my opinion the first change was more a clear definition of something that it was undefined at the begininng clear but for sure needed a deadline. ISI waited to have the product a little bit more mature before fixing this 2 month deadline. I think they should have waited at least until they consider they have a marketable product (usually when something turns gold). This second change is , in my opinion of course, a commercial error since probably ISI will not get any benefit from it and maybe it will harm a little bit as it can be seen along this thread. Besides, the change itself arises hype since people need to relate it to a certain fact that has not been clarified by ISI. Is Assetto Corsa releasing in less than two months? Is rf2 getting gold? ... Come on! What did ISI think that this change would imply?

The second question is confidence. In my opinion the discussion of rf2 getting gold is dumb itself. Most of people posting about this, have already lost their refund opportunity. So... Why care when rf2 gets gold? You will be receiving updates from ISI every now and then. The question is if you rely on ISI keeping their work until they achieve the sim we all expect. So far, the improvement intention is clear. As I wrote in other post regarding track versions, it is quite stupid to me fighting for calling somehting alfa, beta, gamma or epsilon and version 0, 1, 2 or 11. They are just references in my opinion. What counts is the improvement intention. I have no doubts that rf2 will get to be a completely finished product at the same level or even higher than Assetto Corsa or other actual sim. Otherwise, rf2 will be uninstalled from lots of computers no matter we don't get any refund for it.

20. Flaux

Flaux Registered

OK two things that do tangent me. First has been mentioned above and from Mad_King. A lot of stuff/features are not getting modded right now because of further changes from ISI that are in the making (rain-stuff for instance). No one knows how much of a mod would have to be changed to get a new feature implemented.

Secondly: I would like to have a short information about what happens with my online racing license. I bought the beta and paid for 12 month online racing after the "beta". Which should have been all in all 18 month. (6beta and 12 post-beta) Then the beta took longer and it was told that we get 12 month after the beta. So... now that the beta phrase has been taken away from the product. Does that mean from now on it counts? And in 12 month I have to renew?

In conclusion, those two facts together would make me feel a bit, well.. sad? Because it would mean that a lot of modders wont start their work on rf2 and we will end up racing without their wonderful content. I love the ISI content as it will be proper stuff "when it is ready", but I thought I would pay for that modder-friendly unique game-concept.

Right now I still play rf1 way more than rf2 because I also am still waiting for the mod-rush to kick in...

@Tim: Any idea about the first part and a short info about the second? Would be great to have answers to this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013