A few changes, including refund policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jan 7, 2013.

1. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I didn't argue with him over it, because I understood and accepted his post. I didn't argue with him because the areas he raised do still need work doing. But you decided to force me to openly confront what he had said (by saying it was absolutely correct), so I did. I hope that explains... You're actually making the responses that are confusing you. I have no stance, and you're trying to force me to make one, and force this to be a 'special' change that has been made. In reality it's not. Nothing special. Nada. I removed a word, and am taking a difference stance on how reluctant I'm going to be on some stuff. Will this affect you? Very unlikely. Will it affect rF2? Maybe in positive sales. Will it affect ISI? Unlikely. This is nothing special, and to coin a noise from deep within my soul: "Yeesh..." :)

3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I'm calm, I'm just curious to get a clear status on the state of the current build 134 available in the ISI point of view. Can build 134 the last before a gold, for me it's not, and for you? (I hope you have more build in dev in advance from the 134 to get a very good surprise in the next build/release)

I think I'm not with high level of English to understand the nuances of your previous posts (that's why I ask for clear statment :) )

4. 88mphTim

You know the status of rFactor2: Build 134. There isn't a clarification for you. You have build 134 today, you will have 134 tomorrow. If someone buys rF2 today, they're going to get B134.

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

lol, OK, you don't want to give an opinion. It's not for me it's for the ones that have not buy rF2 at this time. I paid the game since start of the beta, and I have a clear status on the build 134, some feature are fabulous but not finished, and FPS are very bad. And technically, the modding team can't work with the build 134 to get an acceptable result to be confident in the features and reach a maturity point in rF2.

So as for each build, we will be patient, and hope to not wait another year to get a finished product :(. If I remember well the beta was initiated to help the modder to dive into the rF2, and only track maker get a mature result at this time, not the car makers ...

So that's why I asked and I'm worried, but I love what I see in the build 134, but the way will be long to get all the feature testable in 134 to be finished.

6. Andreh68

Andreh68 Registered

I dont get why so much hate/hype

If next build is named gold or not, it will be the same. Ok, maybe more people playing it, modders working more actively, but that takes some time. I remeber the first rF days with the ugly Howston and only Lo's F3. So there are areas that can be improved/fixed/implemented... great. Much better that if it was done and we had to buy another rF3 around the corner.

Peace! :)

7. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Relax guys, it's just a name.

It can be called alpha, beta, gold or whatever you want, it is really not important.
    If ISI can give us expected progress on rfactor 2 then it can be called even pre-pre-alpha through next 5 years. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Edu

Edu Registered

+1
    rfactor 2 will be the new standard of racing simulators soon!
    You just have to relax a little! :D

1 person likes this.
  9. spider19462000

Us Brits are always relaxed:D

10. 88mphTim

I understand you're worried, I just don't understand why. :) This today made no difference at all to the dev staff, there will be nothing different about how long things take, etc, though we did get 1 new staff member in (late) 2012. :)

11. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes, perhaps I realise when diving in the 134 modding in deep during my vacation, we are 1 year later the beta start and we are not able to mod and race in cruise rhythm, and I have lot of project to give live in rF2 and not possible to make them finished. No problem, I will wait and continue to prepare what can be prepared.

12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

1 person likes this.
  13. sg333

sg333 Registered

Is Gold planned to be released with oval or rally content? Purely from marketing wouldnt you want to be able to sell to these rather large market segments? Oval in particular?

I'm kind of thinking out loud here but I would *think* Gold should have more varied content than just closed circuit road racing we have now. Kind of limits your potential customers with the first official marketing push

14. spider19462000

LOL,LOL,,i might have got mixed up with uptight

15. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Some concern could be seen as...as long as that beta tag was there, there could be no misunderstanding that what we have here is an unfinished product. Remove that tag and what we have is...This is rF2. Yet there is so much missing or buggy, those that have been around a while have some idea what should be in place by the time it is ready for sale, new folk coming in don't. Could be setting yourselves up for some disappointed customers unless there is a dramatic update in the pipeline...Don't see any reason to believe that is the case, though I always live in hope. :rolleyes:

16. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

I have guessed rF2 will have the one or the other Surprise for his "Gold-Update" and some unfinished Features will get some Progress befor "Gold", but it seems like not. That's a bit disappointing but not really a drama. The Updates will come, so or so.
    Maybe its my fault and i just had wrong expectations for the "Gold-Update".

17. Minibull

Minibull Member

I wonder if anyone is going to get Stockholm syndrome once rF2 goes gold...maybe some of us have just bonded with all the quirks of the beta...and dont want to let it go XD
    like a slightly crazy and odd girl, that somehow keeps you intrigued and interested...

I dont care about when it goes gold. There are tracks and cars available, just drive and enjoy it.

18. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Hahah LOL! :D Give us back the OTM now! And so on... :)

Maybe there's no more beta, alpha, etc. as rF2 is going to be evolving product which IMHO is great! It's ready when it's ready - and even then it isn't ready because it's still going to evolve. Maybe some kind of gold status would be when modders don't have to worry backward compatibility issues anymore and can start working full ahead. Or when ISI is able to begin marketing rF2 aggressively.

Maybe it's time for us to evolve too and start thinking differently.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  19. tjc

tjc Registered

+1 :)

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

Butt KiSSERS UNiTIED lopl

;)