A few changes, including refund policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jan 7, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Too late guys. CDN carried on after I told him to stop, and that's all I need. Humor is fine, but so few people get it, you're just wasting my time dealing with this, both of you.

2. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

for years to come there will be features enhancing the Game ISI or community based so I really dont know why people get there nickers in a knot

The only thing I could complain about atm is Not everyone being able to see there Pit online, makes it difficult to start our series, but where still gonna give it a go lol Fingers crossed the ones that do get damage can see there pits lol

I paint Car Skins So i went looking for where the DDS for future reference Hmmm theres 2 skins there but I can only see 1 ingame ... Makes Me wonder what else is in there ..or if im just a noob and dont understand the file structure

Keep up the GREAT work, Like Maccas M8 I'm lovin it

xFactorracing.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  3. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Just wanted to add there can be hundreds of viewers out there who are interested in this topic. So as a general rule it would be nice to only write when one has something to contribute. No hard feelings and take it as a little advice for sometimes trying to look things from a broader perspective.

4. 88mphTim

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ppl always tend to do this, they can't see the bigger picture or the long term. They just see the state if something in it's present form and worry worry worry.

Imagine how much worrying and bitching ppl would have been doing if rf1 had a public beta wayyy before release, it would have been the same thing, people wouldn't have been able to imagine it in awesome v1.255 +2 or 3 years form. They would just see it then, in a massively un-finished state and therefore would have been littering the rf1 beta forms with bitching, negativity and pessimism like many do today with rf2.

6. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

um err ahh...all that you just wrote did actually happen mate :rolleyes:

7. Seth

Seth Registered

Thanks for your answer though i was the only one trying give his opinion to makes ISI try to work on better graphics.
    I agre with your arguments about customers.
    So let's wait and see.......and hope !! LOL !!
    Regards

8. Seth

Seth Registered

Hope ISI will hear you. that's what i'm trying to make them hear.
    Regards

9. Plebre

Plebre Registered

I think that next build must be close to release and it will start the time countdown to pay again.
    Of course ISI will keep on working on rF2, taking the current pace, for many years to come. At least I hope so.

Regards
    Pedro

10. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yeah saw the whole thing and my reply was mainly for that newly married couple too. :) Just thought was a good place to make a general reminding that it's not only you who's time gets wasted when people start to swing their sabers on public forums. Oh and my last sentence in the previous post was ment solely for those two. English isn't my native language so can't always express myself as intended.

11. Well, need to add my 2cents.

1. 24hour cycle Max posted - well you dont race 24 hours alone - give us the freaking driver swaps - even if its as buggy as rF1 :)
    2. Modders might work - however leagues is the victim with this latest release. (to hard to make small updates for other than the one that made the mod...)
    3. If i bought a yearly subscription - can i "upgrade" to a lifetime?

12. 88mphTim

You are?

We've said this is an ongoing development. We expect to be doing this for a long time. Perhaps a more positive way to look at it is:
    1: You're not going to have to buy a full new product from us each year, but you'll be getting one anyway in many ways.
    2: As technology moves forward, so will what we offer as a product.

As we've been saying, all along, we're not stopping development. What it seems you're trying to tell us, is exactly what we've been saying we were doing anyway?

rF2 is the most ambitious product on the market. I think some of the features already in it are YEARS away for some other developers. I think sometimes it is forgotten just how ambitious (and therefore complex) rF2 is.

13. 88mphTim

I was thrown off by you quoting me, that's what did it. Your English is fine. :)

14. 88mphTim

1. A future update should add them. And will probably come with a content release of something which many might need them for...
    2. Yes, we need to get component releases out there. And we need to get the skin system released. Going as fast as possible.
    3. Yes. Let me ask if we can make a more streamlined way of doing this. It's a bit of a pain as it is. Then I'll add it as an FAQ item here

15. Hectari

Hectari Registered

[​IMG]

16. Seth

Seth Registered

my answer is
    you are ? I'm just a french customer.

Great if you do really improve graphics, i hope so tim.
    Like i told you previously your job on physics is really good if not the best, just hope the graphics will get as good as the physics, if so that will be the greatest game ever.

Regards.

17. 88mphTim

"You are?" was asking you "that's what you're really doing?" not "who are you?" - Easy to confuse that if English isn't your first language. My apologies, I should have known that.

Your previous posts, it hadn't come across that that was the point you were truly trying to make. Because that same point it seems you were making, we've been talking about that we were going to do it for a couple of years now. :)

I know people like to say that you can't have good physics and good graphics, and it USED to be that way as the PC market, although it moved really fast, just didn't have enough power. It's just not true anymore.

18. Thanks Tim :D

1. and 2. made my day, since we´re running an endurance league. 3 - perfect

Thanks

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Can we (leagues) get tyre wear working (abrasion, degradation), even in a placeholder state for now, so racing can actually make sense? If there's an issue with flat tyres / punctures (I gather there is...) then a simple test and lowering of grip would at least make it possible to race, and the known issues can still say it's not done yet.

I mean, great that people want custom skins, but is that more important than tyres wearing sort of properly? And by that I mean they lose/gain grip as they wear... and eventually 'die' in some way, that doesn't cause any CTD or flip cars over and leave them on the track for others to hit...

I like the ambition, but rF1 already had simple things in place in the areas currently lacking in rF2... I'm not sure I can see why the same stuff can't be used for now while the better solutions are still being worked on. Then we can use rF2 and have improvements, rather than see gaping holes and be torn between enjoying rF2 and actually having races in rF1...

20. 88mphTim

The thing with things already being there with rF1 is that once the underlying structure of the code has changed, you can't simply make old features work with the new code. It's like switching from rail stock to trucks. You can't dig up the railway, pave a superb 8-lane concrete highway, then drive a train on it.

Yes, we know different people want different areas doing first. We have to work to our plan, and consider the needs of everyone that we can within that process. Tires currently do lose grip (and can even be flatspotted, although it is hard to do), but not enough for some cars and compounds. This should be addressed sooner rather than later, but I can't give a specific order, as a different person is doing the skins as does the tire model anyway.