A Few Answers About Karts In Rf2 Please ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skynet, Feb 27, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I run a fairly low FOV compared to many. I think that will have been about 40. I can see why someone might want to change the angle a bit, as you can't see the dash on the kart at my FOV. But it isn't something I usually pay attention to anyway.

2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I run with 45 degree fov, coupled with the +9 degree seat pitch and the bottom of my screen is probably just above the nearest yellow dashed center line behind the #2 kart in the static picture on your video. I'm thinking i won't like not being able to see a part of the kart or wheels at all (since i can still see something for all cars with my seat pitch setup). Plus something in my head telling me i will want to see the immediately track before me but not sure if there is good reason to need so.

Oh well, will have to see when it arrives but if it's not nice, would be handy if we're able to set this value per car.

I'm most likely being pedantic, just need to see for myself.

3. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

This is why I have been spending time and money having a very adjustable rig. Still needs more though. Karts are definitely one of the more difficult.

Ahhhhhrgh the suspense and my suspenders are killing me.

Please Tim, when?????

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

^ lol. fyi, i use my desk to hold the monitor and it's a fair bit higher than my rig that i move out towards my desk for when i race.

If you don't mind me asking Tim, what ffb multiplier do you usually use in rf2 and what wheel do you have (i think a t500 if i'm not mistaken)?

5. 88mphTim

I use the default of everything in the controller section, mainly so I can be aware if something is screwed up in the default profile.

6. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Oh ok, thanks for telling me. :)

7. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I must be on Tim's ignore list. :eek::)

8. 88mphTim

Just the question is. :) Don't know yet.

9. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

yay and not yay at the same time. :)

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

That +9 seat pitch angle looks better and more real than the stock videogam-ish "staring at the ground" view AKA the default view, but don't you think +9 is over doing it?

Personally, I'd try lowering the seat a bit more too (as well as the pitch). It seems like the view is able to see from too high a vantage point. Regardless of where you sit in real-life, because changing where you sit in real life does not alter anything, the image/view being rendered is still the exact same image from the exact same viewpoint, and it looks like the image is spawning from a viewpoint that is too high up in your case, not much though but a little lower may help you feel more inside the car.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
  11. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I'm not even sure I'm going to like these karts, but I check every hour or two to see if they are released anyways. :p

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

The vantage point is exactly the same for both. If i show you a fullscreen version of each next to one another you can see they are identical in height position inside the car.

[​IMG]

To be perfect i would need to use something around 12-15 degrees but then i would lose sight of the rev cockpit rev counter and sight of some of the virtual steering wheel which i like to see. But around 12-15 degrees my wheel would be overlapping the virtual wheel and the horizon would be in the perfect position but i would see but a slither of the track (my monitor is just too high up). The best solution is to be able to change the height of the monitor to make better use of the screen (to view more track than sky).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
  13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The game has to render from a point where your eyes would be if you were actually sitting in that car in the game. So that the monitor/game is rendering as close as possible the same image that a real person would see. Your real-life seating position of your sim-cockpit is irrelevant.

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I'm so confused, lol.

With my seating position, relative to my monitor position, using +12-15 degrees pitch up view in rfactor 2 shows the image that i would really see in the car. I just use +9 degrees instead as a compromise or else i won't see the virtual cockpit rev meter.

15. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

@Spinelli
    As you said, the idea is to have your seat position as you would in real life. However the rendered image only gives you a real view if your eyes are in the middle of your monitor. The seat pitch offset is to adjust your eye position in reference to the middle of the screen. The in-game seat adjustments are for your virtual eye position. Hope that makes sense haha.

As a side note, in rF1 it was an actual distance measurement input and in rF2 its a degrees of pitch setting.

16. 88mphTim

If you guys are really quiet, the karts are up for download. I haven't created the thread or profile pages aren't linked yet. :) But they're on the downloads pages...

17. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Your good to us :-D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

18. sg333

sg333 Registered

Karts = awesome

Need....server.....immediately... :D

19. Golanv

Golanv Registered

How do you change the seat pitch? ...and does it say "pitch pitch pitch" ? :p

20. RJames

RJames Registered

I'll throw up a server for karts as soon as they have downloaded.