A Few Answers About Karts In Rf2 Please ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skynet, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Wow, it's hard to even see from that virtual video where on their own course it's actually showing?

3. 88mphTim

Ah, that vid is on a different site :D

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Tim, you're supposed to say "Bingo" for the first one ;)

5. 88mphTim

Bingo.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I wish I knew how to mod tracks. There are at least 10 layout options that would be good for this track. Maybe someone will create some at some point? Of course we have to get the ISI version first ;)

9. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Bridge layout now included?

Few more questions..

Any form of ballast planned for the karts? Driver weight etc.

How about a power variation to use as a handicap? Even bent karts, give them to the really fast guys, or make it totally random like arrive and drive karting, just your luck what you get landed with. Something like that could give extremely close racing across a whole field of varying skill levels or make things very interesting, cool to mix it up. Box of chocolates ;)

Do you have a template available to skin the karts yet? Are driver suits and helmets working on them?

Is it still planned to pass control of driver weight shifting to the driver or will this remain automatic indefinitely?

Are there any karts planned for the future that we'll be able to choke by covering the air intake with our hand?

How about some driver arm animations to signal to each other? What about being able to see opponents turning their head when looking left/right and to match head tracking or is this not possible yet or is it planned for the future?

Is there a gps style kart lap timer/speedo on the steering wheel? Would be a very cool addition so we can run without any hud. Really want to run the karts with a clear screen, can see where people are on the track more of the time so like real life there's less of a need to see gap times and other info.

Can we please have pit boards too(not specific to karts). They'd be easy to read with as long as they're large enough or you have a high refresh rate/lightboost. Would be cool to customise them with desired info and even skin them, preset them to show at certain times or request it be shown. Would be great to simulate driving more disconnected and authentic to whatever race series it may be.

If you don't ask you don't get! :D

Sorry, this turned into more than a few... :eek: *runs and hides*

10. 88mphTim

Here you go. When I initially started driving the karts I would be in opposite lock around most of the turns, sliding around. These karts have really altered my driving, more than the SB2000 ever could really. You are taught proper throttle control, not by spinning out like the Skippy, but by bogging down and losing places. I've become very smooth driving them, so don't think it's never sideways.

Obviously this kart track is pretty old for us, I'd say it's close to LRP quality. The karts themselves look pretty sharp.

In terms of development, they are very close to release, but the Panoz will come first and probably very soon.

11. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Looks pretty awesome.

12. 88mphTim

Everyone weighs the same, and we move the weight as advised by pro karters. Don't know if that will change due to the complexity of allowing it. Right now (and with all aspects of a sim) you find out what happens in the real world then try to recreate that using as little as you can to do the same thing. Giving extra options gives extra unexpected results.

The steering wheel has an LCD, not sure what's on it.

No answer to anything else yet.

13. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Cool, cheers :cool:

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

15. 88mphTim

16. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Cool video that. Tim what class is the Panoz ?

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Wow, look at the vast differences in the power output curves for the various classes of the 125cc engine!

18. sg333

sg333 Registered

I look forward to many races with the DW12 on this layout.

19. Skynet

Skynet Registered

Tim, although i can appreciate that somethings are better simplified, weight shifting is one of the fundamental techniques that need to be in the hands of the driver imo. I really hope isi will include weight shifting for a more authentic kart driving experience. I see no reason why a fundamental karting technique, like posture, and body leaning shouldn't be in the hands of the driver. Automatic weight shifting means that some of the less skillful drivers will have diminished some of the performance gap unjustly.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

How can the game interpret different weight shifting values on a user-by-user case? I see nothing wrong with everything being calculated off the virtual driver's weight impacting the chassis and inertia, unless such parameter is not calculated.

I really hope there is a good transfer of feeling from the virtual road to our wheel so it's not only heavy but also connected. It's something I struggle with a lot of stock content and so far only had a good feeling (that is proper transferring of forces, not just making a heavier wheel or creating silly FFB clipping) from two third-party mods: LolaT280 and the Darche/AM/Venom cars from URD Endurance.