A BIG "RAS LE BOL" !!

Discussion in 'Forum Problems' started by did, Jan 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. did

did Registered

from the installation with Steam !!!;; it's a nonsense !!
    Hello
    I find it absolutely unacceptable to subscribe to all the contents of rFactor2 it would seem reasonable to me that these objects or others,
    As you will well call them, be much less, and remain to the goodwill of the buyers!
    When you buy a DVD (period unfortunately revolue) one feels free to install it or one desires and especially with the desired content!
    At home (Steam) it's the opposite !! You buy a base, and you are imposed a sum of mod or track which one has not necessarily used it
    In clear we impose what we do not need !!!!!!
    With as much bonus a method of churning as complicated as unpleasant!
    To be factual, thank you to propose the game with its updates, and to leave the buyer to choose its centers of interest ..
    For the moment, you impose and personal title you do not manage to convraincre me ... in clear you put me more worries than with a game lambda!
    If I need updating I am big enough to go and get them me even provided that I am warned, the rest ... ^^
    Ptitbras13
    P.S.
    traduction by google traduction, mais je pense que l'essentielle de ce que je pense vous parviendra......
    un gros ras le bol !!!.... juste un logiciel de plus pour faire chier l'acheteur !

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Google translator,- yes, very hard to understand.....
    Well, if you look at other sims/games you also donĀ“t have a choice at all!
    All standard content comes with the install. As is with rFactor 2.
    This way it is simply much easyer for new members.

3. did

did Registered

I think you d'ont undersrtand my complaint ...
    I DONT WANT OTHER THINK THAN DE BASIC PLAY !!!!
    if basics players want's upgrade it's easy to give a link ... but impose to the community the total content !!! it's didactorial !!!!

regards

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

What is your issue you're having exactly?

5. did

did Registered

6. did

did Registered

You dare to ask me what my problem is, sir aggressive. Translation: my problem is to go through a gateway connex which requires me to download things that do not have nothing to do and that, on the other hand compels me to a whole gymnastics in order to unsubscribe me
    can you understand ???????????????? it's a nonsense !!!
    it's my last message ..

7. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

There are other ways to say this, no need to shout ;)
    I'm trying to help, and I understand you don't like the current system, but as you say you can unsubscribe from the items you don't want.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

rF2 has a large large base of add-on material available via Steam. However, you do not have to download ANY of it. Steam itself is the only required extra download. Which, having ignored steam since it's foundation, I found it to be rather small. I have never had steam until this past fall, I only use it, at this time, for rF2. I'm sorry your personal wishes for the sim are not being met. But there are several people here, like Christopher, who would be glad to help(if possible)
    I would point out, that all further updates will only be disbursed via Steam, so even if you don't avail yourself of mods or add-ons, you won't be able to stay current with rF2 without adding Steam. Good Luck.

9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I agree with "did" on the fact he reports but regret the way it is expressed.

The actual Steam implementation is an absolute lack of respect for RF2 customers, a complete nonsense, a waste of diskspace, broadband, energy ( bad for the planet), which only benefits hardware sellers and the telecomunication busisness.

The base game should in my view include a few cars and tracks (by the fact, as the RF2 demo did, when ISI was directly supporting the cost of pumping the data), so that the newbies could have an immediate thrill with the downloaded game.

A simple wizard, acessible via the track selection option as many software have implemented, would guide the user for suscribing to additional tracks. Same thing for cars.

The new user "did" is not happy to be obliged to download unwanted material, but I believe he still doesn't know that this unwanted content is duplicated in the cache!

Waiting for an improvment on this important matter.

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.