930 UI with HDR - Core_UI_patch

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Feb 19, 2015.

1. A.Driver

A.Driver Registered

Many thanks Lazza , 125% works for me .

2. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Hum...I installed the patch, running Win at 100% but I can't seem to find the HDR option anywhere. Can someone post a screenshot? Is the HDR option as it used to be, on track/options?

Thanks for this Lazza!

3. Tosch

Tosch Registered

You have to enable lagacy hdr in the player.JSON file.

4. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

You are right Tosch, and you mentioned before, my bad. Thank you.

5. Kevin BzH

Kevin BzH Registered

+1
    thanks Lazza !!

6. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I get as far as selecting the Lazza's UI and accepting, rF2 crashes immediately.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hi,

I can't really offer any troubleshooting advice. If you can switch to other third-party UIs without problems I have no idea why this one won't work; if you can't it would suggest a more serious issue with your install.

8. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Hello Lazza. I have no other UIs installed other than the default and yours. As suggested by Tosch, I made the changes to the .JSON file, installed your UI and tested it. I select it, accept/apply and rF2 crashes immediately. Other than the usual ISI and 3rd party MODs, this is a clean v930 install. I'm not sure what is going on either, I will try and reinstall it and try again. I'll update the post if I'm successful.

Regardless, thank you for this UI!

9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hello Lazza,

Can your patch be installed in DevMode?

If yes how?

Thanks again.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The thing that 'runs' the whole UI is the UI.OSC file. For DevMode it's in the ModDev\Options\MODMode folder.

So, after installing my replacement UI, you can go to your rFactor2\Installed\UIData folder, go into the folder for my UI (such as Core_UI_patch150') and keep going in until you find the .mas file. Open that up with the mas tool, and extract the UI.OSC file to the above folder.

The original file is in rFactor2\Core\UIData\UImaps.mas

In Build 930 the Core and DevMode versions of UI.OSC are identical; in build 946 they differ slightly. I'm guessing the Core version is the most up to date but I'm not sure on that.

While I'm here, the ISI 946 version does have a number of changes from 930, a lot of those appear superficial but some look like actual UI layout changes, albeit only minor in many cases. I may create a set of edited 946 UI like I did for 930 if no one else jumps to it.

*Although it appears ISI has addressed both the text size and HDR issues; I've at least tested the text size and it appears fine, and when checking the UI changes I thought I saw the HDR gizmo in the right place...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
  11. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks again for your answer, but 946 solved the problem I hope equally for Dev Mode. Will try later to download DevMode 946.