845 has same build notes as 841. What is the diff?

Discussion in 'Previous unstable/build archive' started by Coanda, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Coanda

Coanda Registered

as the tittle suggests..

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

3. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

No big or small feature changes. Executable stability was the only improvement. So the questions is does 845 crash in any consistent way? ;).

4. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers Jeremy. After the install it failed to load a track which is very rare for me. it hung at 1%. It has been fine ever since and rF2 generally runs very good for me.

Something I have noticed in the last couple of builds. Every so often when I am in the garage and tab back to windows my rF2 window reduces to a tiny rectangular back approx 3x1cm in the top left corner of my screen. Maybe 1 in 100 tabs. From that point I cannot do anything so I have to kill rF2 process. No big deal though.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

With that last thing, I haven't had it in rF2 but have in other programs. I run triples all the time now, do you??

6. clockit

clockit Registered

I occasionally get that as well, usually when I start Teamspeak with rF2 minimised. I run triples as well.

7. Miro

Miro Registered

I have the same issue here and there but ignored it for a long time as the alt-tab crash improoved a lot lately so I thought it's kinda work in progress.
    Also tripples here. I just noticed it happens mostly when you do not get back to rF2 quite quickly. If you start sufring the web and watching youtube and stuff like that than it doesn't work anymore.

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

I'm using the windows button and 99% of the time no matter which software i have no problems where as the alt_tab action more often generated a problem. I'm using triples as well and a microsoft keyboard and I heard from some people with other keyboard brands the windows button wouldn't do anything and that they have to use the alt-tab action which seems not to work constantly flawless at all.

9. otta56

otta56 Registered

Getting flickering left and right screens with triples on the UI. Same icons (e.g. waste basket) from the regular Windows (8.1 64 bit) start screen show up on both screens. Also had this on Build 841.

10. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

I had a CTD problem throughout a lot of builds. None occurred so far after a little stress-test. Fingers crossed.

11. Coanda

Coanda Registered

No triples right now.

12. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Had it several times not only in rf2 as in rf1 asweel. I remember that when historix was released there was something about changind DX from 9 to 8 to prevent that.
    In rf2 i allways had that problem...since early builds. Solution was running it in windowed mode. Never had it again.

Single screen.