798 launcher wont start

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kelju_K, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Well it did for the first time after fresh install. After activation it doesn't any more. I can see the process in task manager, but launcher window wont come up.
    In my opinion the problem might be caused by failed credentials check.

Strangely 770 build starts normally, with the credentials (in .rfactor folder) created by 798 activation and with older credentials created by some earlier build (300 something iirc).

Only thing that comes to mind that might cause this credential check fail, is that i have a scandinavian alphabet in my last name which the game cannot create and leaves the last name line blanc (798 created credentials).
    Older builds cut it (last name) in half at the spot of the strange alphabet Ä (<- dont know if you can see this correctly, but it's the one with 2 dots above the letter A) tough it didn't interfere with the credential check and the game launch at all.

Please help me with this issue. My licence it about to expire, money is tight, and would like to know if this issue is solvable with this build or do i have to wait for it to happen somewhere in the future.

Thanks.

Kel

Edit: noticed that 770 launcher edits the credential and name files inside the .rfactor folder. I made back up copies of the original 798 created credentials just for safety right after activation, but the 798 launcher wont start even with those files.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014