64 bit version launching as 32 bit version

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Marketcrash16, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Marketcrash16

Marketcrash16 Registered

Hi all,

Recently bought Rfactor2 on Steam and I'm loving it. Problem is, it only launches in 32 bit (checking my task manager I see (32 bit) in the exe. I have 64bit Windows 10 and I can't seem to figure it out. Even when I navigate to the 64 bit folder and launch the 64 bit .exe, the game loads fine, but loads in 32 bit mode.

Help please!

2. Marketcrash16

Marketcrash16 Registered

OK, I think I see the problem. When I launch the game, I get the workshop (where I choose between Single and Multiplayer, etc. THAT is running in 32 bit, but when I launch either single or Multi, I THINK it is 64 bit. I had trouble checking before because if I launch the game (say single player mode) and did a ctrl + Alt + Del to get to the task manager (so I could check the .exe file) my screen would just go black and my cpu would freeze.

3. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Try the game in windowed mod to alt/esc

I don't have steam version....but in my launcher / settings I have a check box "Force 32 bit" maybe you have that ticked

4. redapg

redapg Registered

I guess the reason that it uses the 32 bit exe is, that you run rFactor 2 in "steam offline" mode, right?
    Try it with steam online, it should use the 64 bit exe then.
    At least that's the way how it works here with Windows 7.