60's racing series mod at 90 build, has it been updated ?

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by Bsmooth, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

I had version 1 for the 60's racing series mod. Yes I am just updating and I noticed theres no update to it. Yes they updated the Spark and Eve open wheelers along with the Brabham, , but those are car updates not mods. I deleted my 60 series Version 1 mod. So should I just use the cars and tracks I have together.
    I also downloaded the latest version of the old 67 Spa, but couldn't integrate that into the old 60's racing mod, it kept wanting to use version 1 of the track instead.
    Can I also use any car on any track, and race the AI there as well ?

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Remove all of the old rfmods, they are out of date.

The individual updates are the updated mod.

How is the new Spa trying to use the mod when you said you removed it? Did you UNINSTALL it, or just delete the rfmod?

And if you're using Build 90, please update... We're on 382. A build from that early, a clean wipe might be best and start fresh with the lite build and adding the content you want.

Yes, you always could via selecting all cars and tracks in the series option. By default rF2 now does that on a clean install and you use the individual cars and tracks from the downloads page.

The downloads page is what you should have installed from us. Anything else is outdated and will likely cause you issues eventually, or cause you to use older content when not meaning to.

3. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

The problem is the uninstall doesn't really do a clean uninstall, it didn't take anything out of my documents folder. So when I thought was a clean install of the lite package which was suggested, it just piled eveything on top of what was already there.
    The new Spa didn't work with the old 60's mod, which gave me a clue that the old components wren't really gone afterall.
    So I did another uninstall, and wiped my package folder clean of everything, then started to reinstall the new components.
    Yes I did read the Unraveling rFactor 2: Installing, Uninstalling, Reinstalling, and Updating by Guod, however it still leaves some sizable gaps on exactly how to do it, and this was the only guide I could find.
    So yes I did want to update from 90, its just I have been out of the loop for awhile. I'm sure you know what I mean Tim, especially when you have a family and other things going on. I sure am glad though there are some great people here to help.
    Now theres all this great content to download especially the Howston's and Longford 67, boy that track brings back some GPL memories !
    Thanks everyone for the help ! Don't worry I'll probably be back with some other questions !

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Glad you figured that out. It was a decision really as to whether the uninstall should remove the game data as well, maybe it should be a check box.

5. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

Thats the great thing about coming back to RF2 after such a long while, everything is new again. Then again its not so great, because I forgot everything about the sim, sorta the best of times and the worst of times.
    But I think your right Tim, there should be knowledge of it at least, especially for the newbies, and oldies like me that basically forgot everything altogether!