60s F1 fun league

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Cars = Spark F1, Eve F1 & Brabham

Tracks (subject to change) = Silverstone, Sebring 24H, Mid-OH w/ chicane, Texas World Speedway 2.9 CCW, Topeka Full, Hidden Valley, Essington, Palm Beach, Pukekohe Park (modern), Sears Point, Zolder, Malaysia, Portugal, Bahrain

First race:

Sunday, July 21 at 2:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern time
    Track = Silverstone
    2:00 p.m. Practice
    2:30 p.m. Qualify
    2:50 p.m. Race 1 (8 laps) --> Qualify 2 (20 minutes) --> Race 2 (8 laps)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2013
  2. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I'd love to participate in this type of league. But only if it is truly a league and not a bunch of random people showing up as "pick-up" racers. If so sign me up. Tell me what track, date and time for the first race.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2013
  3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

First official race is not until next weekend but server is up for anyone who wants to practice.

4. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I will attempt to get on your server today to make sure I'm good to go next weekend. I must say I am really enjoying Silverstone with the Spark. With the right settings I can get FPS in the 40-60 range with 15 AI. And it looks pretty good. Be nice to have a little more but as is it's pretty smooth. I was kinda biased toward the historic layout but this modern track is real fun to drive.

5. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Got on OK. But... can you put some rubber onto the track? With just me going around it will take forever. I've got a 20cars x 10 laps real road saved. Not sure where these get saved but I've got it where ever that is.

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Absolutely. No problem. I wonder if there is a rubber bug b/c I have noticed that sometimes it does not show up visually until race but regardless I also may have failed to load it so will do so now.

Edit - I figured it out. I had accidentally not selected the real road file for qualify. Anyway, I have a fairly heavy rubber file on now so will build up even more during qualify but I have it set to re-load the same rubber file during race so it doesn't get excessive. If you want less just let me know and also if you want it to just naturally progress into race vs. re-loading then I can do that, too! Good opportunity to get all these settings just right for next week. For official race I would think it makes most sense to go with a lighter rubber setting and naturally progress into race and also we will have practice session which I don't have setup now and there will be more racers, etc. etc. etc. So, anyway just let me know what settings you like for practice time before next weekend and we can also figure out what is best for official weekend. Thanks for testing!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
  7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

In the 15s now but much work to do. Ricknau, you are in 13s, correct? Please don't tell me you are faster than that :) Still on roughly default setup with full tank so there may still be hope for me yet with, gasp, setup changes LOL.