60s F1 Fun League @ Malaysia Sunday, July 28 18:00 GMT

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Galaga, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Galaga

Galaga Banned

[​IMG]

Server name is 60sF1Sepang

Next tracks (available HERE):

Malaysia Full
    Essington
    Topeka Long
    Hidden Valley
    Orchard Lake
    Sebring 12H
    Bahrain
    Hockenheim v0.77
    Texas World Speedway 2.9 CCW
    Fuji GP

These tracks are all high-speed, flowing tracks which have been carefully selected to be easy on the eyes and tested for FPS performance. Here is a video of some of my favorite turns from these amazing tracks (please excuse FOV):

Shameless promotional video:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
  2. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Another good track that has it all. I'll be there.

3. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Fun facts about Malaysia (courtesy of Wikipedia):

The circuit was designed by German designer Hermann Tilke, who would subsequently design the new facilities in Shanghai, Bahrain, Turkey, Valencia, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Korea, India and Austin, TX.

The circuit was officially inaugurated by the 4th Prime Minister of Malaysia Tun Doktor Mahathir Bin Mohamad on 7 March 1999 at 20:30 MST (UTC+08:00). He subsequently went on to inaugurate the first Moto GP Malaysian Grand Prix on 20 April 1999 (see 1999 Malaysian motorcycle Grand Prix) and the first Formula One Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix on 17 October 1999 (see 1999 Malaysian Grand Prix).

A lap in a Formula One car:

Sepang starts with a long pit straight where the DRS zone exists - it is important to get a good exit out of the last corner to gain as much speed as possible. Turn 1 is a very long, slow corner taken in second gear. You brake incredibly late and lose speed gradually as you file round the corner, similar to Shanghai's first turn but slower. Turn 1 leads straight into Turn 2, a tight left hairpin which goes downhill quite significantly. The first two corners are quite bumpy, making it hard to put power onto the track.[2] Turn 3 is a long flat out right hander which leads into Turn 4 - known locally as the Langkawi Curve[3] - a second gear, right-angle right-hander. Turns 5 and 6 make up an incredibly high-speed, long chicane that hurts tyres and puts a lot of stress on drivers due to high G-Force. It is locally known as the Genting Curve.[3] Turns 7 and 8 (the KLIA curve) make up a long, medium-speed, double-apex right hander, and a bump can cause the car to lose balance here.[2] Turn 9 is a very slow left-hand hairpin (the Berjaya Tioman Corner[3]), similar to turn two but uphill. Turn 10 leads into a challenging, medium-speed right hander at turn 11, requiring braking and turning simultaneously. Turn 12 is a flat-out, bumpy left which immediately leads into the flat right at turn 13, then the challenging 'Sunway Lagoon'[3] curve at turn 14. Similar to turn 11, it requires hard-braking and steering at the same time. It is taken in second gear. The long back straight can be a good place for overtaking as you can brake hard into turn 15, a left-handed, second-geared hairpin but you have to be careful not to get re-overtaken as you come into turn 1 again.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
  4. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Fastest 60s F1 RaceRank time = 2:15.802. Not for long, though :).

5. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Practice server is up. Name is 60sF1Sepang.

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Practice server is up with good participation today so far.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
  7. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Good stuff, today. Several practice races and some excellent driving. Looking forward to tomorrow's official race! Here are results of last two races, courtesy of Log Analyzer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
  8. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Practice server is up. Official practice begins at 18:00 GMT.

9. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

2pm EDT

10. Galaga

Galaga Banned

For anyone who was on earlier during practice race I believe lag problems are solved so be sure to join back at 2pm. :)

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Interesting track choices...no oldies :eek:

So you run every Sunday 18:00 GMT? I see if I can join you for some races... but August is too busy month for racing usually.

12. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

where do I get Essington?

13. Galaga

Galaga Banned

14. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Incredible racing today, guys. Here are results:

http://simresults.net/130729-Es0

I will try to post some highlights here if I can find time.

Congratulations to Ricknau and myself :p for setting personal bests during this race! :)

Thanks again and remember next week is Essington. You can find it here:

http://www.rsrf.de/rf2-tracks/

15. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Old, new, fictional, temporary, permanent makes no difference to me. I select the tracks with the best flow, raceability and performance. Malaysia, for example. Words just cannot describe how beautiful a combo this is with the 60s F1 cars. And from the blistering speeds we saw today (see above), I'm not alone. Give the tracks on my list a try with the 60s F1s and I believe you will agree they are incredible combos.

Yes, every Sunday at 18:00 GMT. Come out if you can. Incredible racing today with a great bunch of guys who know how to drive and race. Hoping to put some highlights together if I can find time between practicing Essington for next Sunday ;-)

16. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Race report (results here --> http://simresults.net/130729-Es0)

Bart Slobodzian and Piotr Peerelow set some impressive qualify times in P1 and P2 along with close competition among Kevin Knorpp, Rick Nauman, John Cook and Lukas Boarshead for P3-P6 and respectable performances by others as well.

Race 1 saw Piotr Peerelow, Kevin Knorpp, and John Cook on the podium, with Dale Ballweg and Rick Naumann following close behind.

Bart Slobodzian DNF'd early and Piotr Peerelow lead for the remainder of the race. Kevin Knorpp, Dale Ballweg and John Cook battled it out for the remain two podium spots while Rick Nauman, after starting from the pit due to a technical glitch, rallied incredibly from more than 30s behind to finish just behind Dale.

In Qualify 2, it was Giuseppe Melis on top with Piotr within a tenth and close competition again in P3-P6, this time among Rick Nauman, Dale Ballweg, Kevin Knorpp and John Cook.

In Race 2, Dale Ballweg held on for the win followed closely by Kevin Knorpp with Rick Nauman a little over 6 seconds behind after changing positions with Kevin Knorpp three times throughout the race. John Cook brought up the rear with all others DNF’ing.

Fast, clean and respectable racing by all. Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone next week at Essington!