SOLVED [590] Losing escape button

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Denstjiro, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

All of a sudden the escape button no longer works. happens on several mods and tracks. but mostly not (so far)
    today 3 times though. could not get into garage, had to force-stop rf2 and twice luckily I was on our server and could boot myself.

Not sure if rf2 or minimalistic UI so posted this over there as well to see if people have the same issue.

Did no updates, only long beach as new content but happens in Karts/Quebec as well, both on and offline.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
  2. dandar

dandar Registered

Make sure u are not running Adobe Photoshop in the background and assign a key in ur setup for the alternative escape.

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

oh, I was running Photoshop!
    But never had an issue with it, and they run together quite often.
    What do you think would cause it with PS?

Alternate escape bind, yeah gonna do that when it keeps being a problem. today no issues with a few quick sessions.

4. dandar

dandar Registered

This is a very old common issue (from version 7 if I recall correctly), Photoshop hooks the Escape key for internal use.
    There are issues also with the ATI Catalyst Control Center, and if you are a lucky guy (like me) who have both running sometimes, then there is no way you could use the Escape key in "any" program.
    So it's not a rFactor related issue so please mark this topic as solved or closed.

Check the web, there are some sites that claims to have a fix.

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Arg I do have the ati catalyst control centre.

ok, its solved as far as I am concerned, thx allot for your help Dandar :)

Weird it never happened before though after all these years of combining them.