512 Low Memory warning

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by linebacker, May 4, 2019.

1. linebacker

linebacker Registered

Does anyone get the 512 Low Memory warning when starting the sim in single player?
    I always get this error message, the only way to avoid it is before clicking on the single player icon i must first open the Video Settings window then close it (no need to change anything) if i do this then i dont get Low Memory message. If i dont open the Video Settings window then i get the error every time.
    Is there a solution for this?
    Thanks

2. Tobias Pitzer

Tobias Pitzer Registered

This has happened to me more often. I have 2 graphics cards, an onboard and a nVidia. For me, the launcher often does not save the selection of the nVidia graphics card. If the selection is Auto, the onboard graphics card that has too little memory is automatically selected. That's why I check the video settings every time I start rFactor2 to avoid getting this error message.
    I have not yet figured out why the selection in the launcher is often not saved.

3. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

I believe for laptops this often is caused by not being hooked up to a power source, which means it's running on a battery saving profile which will prefer the onboard graphics card.

4. linebacker

linebacker Registered

Yes it is installed on a gaming laptop and i always play rf2 with power connected. I have also set the nvidia to be the default card both in Windows and in rf2. It isnt a big deal, its just a pain when i forget to open and close the Video Settings window. Are there any fixes for it?

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

FWIW, I always open the video settings and double check the proper vid card is displayed. Often the choice is set to auto and that is not what my monitor needs. So make it a habit. Open video, double check which video card is being used, THEN launch the game.

6. linebacker

linebacker Registered

It is what i do or else it wont work.

7. lagg

lagg Registered

Marcel, it happens to me, in the laptop, when it's plugged into the mains.

8. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

9. lagg

lagg Registered

Thank you, i'll try tonight