[REL] 500_695 Fiat Abarth (Assetto Corse & Evoluzione) & 500 Ares by Pogea Racing 4.13

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I pasted from Formula 3 thread...
    Why didn't post here? You know, I just updated the mod with the feedback of @Haris1977 and why not improving the feature, at least in the options... if you think it can be good for other users too, please PM me.

2. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Don't we already have manual gearbox? @DrivingFast what exactly do you mean?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I think it's a semi-automatic gearbox on this car, but I wasn't sure.

In the file .Hdv there is a line so that the car is in manual gearbox.

I just put the value "1", I think it was 0. But

I may have made a mistake, because I have no knowledge of modding.

I find it very pleasant to use the car in manual gearbox, that's why I made this change.

4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Would be interesting to know what type of shifting/gearbox is used with sports version of those cars IRL.

5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

BUILD 4.1: Fixed ring stiffness to avoid that in certain conditions tires can blow.
    First post has been updated.

6. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Glad to see that this mod still receives love, because there is a severe lack of quality FWD on rF2.

I dream of a high quality FWD, of the S397 quality type or the latest SlowMotion mods (F3, GP3, Palatov D4, Metalmoro MR1).

--> I mean at the level of physics and realism of the data used.

Slow Motion likes this.
  7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you for the nice words, but there are a lot of high quality mods made by talented guys, for sure more talented than me and do not forget that our best mods are made by very expert people in each specific field... I'm only a lucky man to have been the attention of these expert people participating to the projects.

About the improvement of the physics I really hope in the development of few mandatory concepts that are in the limbo since long time and that S397 has in the todo list. We must only wait for them, because we have seen how intensively they are working on a lot of areas: no doubts!

8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

This is one of the biggest expectations for the future of rF2.

I cross my fingers so that you arrive quickly !

But a lot of good things are happening right now, after that it's true a lot of waiting.

Let's wait and see !!!

PS
    This is the "physics" part that impresses me enormously in Slow Motion group in particular. I am really very impressed.

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

This is year 4 of the 5 year plan they had so I'm wondering what will come next. I think if they stick to updating stuff keeping everything compatible we may take 4 more years to see physics update close to finished like happened to graphics that isn't finished yet. Then there is still sounds left, better damage, etc.

10. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I do not know if this mod is still alive but @Slow Motion this car accelerates like having a sequential shifter. Revs should decrease way more when you change gears (e.g from 2nd to 3rd or 4th etc). Revs should decrease ~1500 - 1600 rpm in every change (gear up) imho. Maybe y should change the engine inertia?

Other than that excellent job!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Not easy to find true data now of so old and several models of the real racing version cars... I used data coming from rFactor1 time, adapted as usual to the new code of rFactor2 and, after many years, sincerely I cannot remember the origin and check of those data I did.
    I also suppose that the original dev team looked at the 500 made by Kunos for having access to tech data.

If somebody is able to provide true data for each class about the gear model... maybe some could be a sequential shifter, some other not, is always possible to improve the behaviour.

12. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I was talking about the 500 fiat abarth (not the ares). You can just copy the specs of the road abarth version (i guess you need the correct gear ratios; what other data would y need?) which (at least what i drove in the past) was similar to the race car (if we are talking for a group n car).

And no - the car that i drove - had an h pattern (no seq gearbox)

13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I mean, we have the:
    - Abarth 500 "Assetto Corse"
    - Abarth 695 "Assetto Corse"
    - Abarth 695 "Evoluzione"
    each class with each specific engine + chassis + masses + etc etc...

Then, the 500 vs. both 695 differ in ratios for certain gears

The "SemiAutomatic" in effect has been set "1" same for all 3 classes: Whether throttle and clutch are operated automatically (1 full semi-auto for up and downshifts, 2 upshift only, 3 downshift only), but allowing the "ManualOverride"

Of course there are also other coefficients that were also improved by ISI in the time like the upshift and downshift delays as well the clutch times.
    Without any reference about these data and without knowing if they are same values for both 3 classes, I have no way to work on them and I can only let they like the original developer set them.

14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

You dont have to alter/change gear ratios. They are ok. Top speed seems ok too.

The problem is with engine’s inertia, or smth like that (i m not rf2 expert). It seems like an on off situation. It s difficult to explain..

Revs SHOULD decrease slower when you release the gas and increase slower when you press the gas - than it is now..Smth like that.

This happens to all cars

Nothing to do with data - i suppose...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  15. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

@Slow Motion with the latest public build, in 500 AC class (may be other classes too, haven't check) i have no mirrors and wipers when i am on track.

Is this a bug? Can y please check?

16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

no idea, here both work. I tested 500 and 695 classes at Silverstone retail and devmode ID 6660506

GRAB_1257.jpg

17. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

The 695 class works for me too. But the 500 class no:( Here is a pic too:

Untitled.png

PS The other drivers (ai) seem to have mirrors and wipers. It is only me (player) that i do not seem to have any of them. I use the new UI (not use devmode, only main game)

@Slow Motion did you also test it in main game (not in devmode) with the new ui?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  18. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

as I wrote: retail and devmode ID 6660506

This is the 500AC #40:

GRAB_221.JPG

Are you sure is the 500AC? I know that doesn't make sense at all but please can you tell me the car number, so I identify also the class... just to try to understand, because also here I must have same problem!

19. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I think i found where the culprit is. After some testing, i found that this problem happens only with:

- class: 500 AC
    - # any car number of the class
    - car customize menu => detachable items !

When i select visible scratches (rather than detachable items) i do see mirrors and wipers!

So the problem is only with 500 AC class, any car, with detachable items!

All other 3 classes seem ok:)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    Slow Motion likes this.
  20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Perfect, this help me a lot! Let me find the missed lines in the gen. Thanks!

Corti, zxd1997 and Haris1977 like this.