[REL] 500_695 Fiat Abarth (Assetto Corse & Evoluzione) & 500 Ares by Pogea Racing 4.13

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

NEW BUILD 4.13, July 18th, 2022: maintenance update to IBL/PBR, new templates

Steam version is available: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=521592981

Here link to the mod for manual downloading:
    https://mega.nz/file/3gwD2Rwb#P1m3ZBBpLBbKEtZrHkpokcfr5QsXanB77uosPp1JqZ0

NEW 4.13 Templates:
    ARES, https://mega.nz/file/r4pwERrB#IhGjeX-mjMCLMabTcetdWzLlwYJ1fVZ-CxQDSHYGMPQ
    other classes, https://mega.nz/file/TxZVmJ5K#vj2snDWgf04Ao2osTV-butWnrakKNFTyq0eKFijxllI

BUILD 4.12, February 17th, 2022: fixed black rain in certain tracks, due to wrong rF2 code
    BUILD 4.11: fixed 500AC gen file for some problems that appear in unpredictable cases
    BUILD 4.1: Fixed ring stiffness to avoid that in certain conditions tires can blow.
    BUILD 4.0: Special thanks to "Haris1977" for the precious info about the behaviour of the 500 Assetto Corse vs. the real car that improved the realism of the mod also in the other classes:
    - new icons for old and NEW Web UI
    - tuned some sounds for better effects to real car
    - tuned rev limiter to real car
    - improved tires and engine physics to real car
    - retuned AI vs. human in all classes
    - fixed some unwanted look in case of rainspary
    - fixed motec in the night
    BUILD 3.97
    - full scratchable vs damageable option
    - full rain effects
    - 4 classes position led panels
    - fixed disc glow range due to some change to the rF2 code
    - update real time section with latest code for all tires

BUILD 3.96
    - added rain drops to mirrors
    - replaced left side window net
    - restructured mirrors for all classes
    - fixed mistyping for med body LOD of Ares class
    - tuned med-long distance LODs

BUILD 3.93
    - full scratchable vs damageable option
    - full rain effects
    - 4 classes position led panels
    - fixed disc glow range due to some change to the rF2 code
    - update real time section with latest code for all tires

Build 3.75: updated mainly for adding the new class: 500 Ares by Pogea Racing, a monster FWD with:
    • 400+ (maybe 411) HP max power
    • 445 Nm
    • more than 280 km/h
    • 4.1 (or 4.7) seconds 0-100 km/h
    • 5 gears
    • 215/35R18
    • and many changes to the body...
    Few fixes and improvements to the other classes too as explained in the thread.
    Now try to drive this beast!

Many thanks to Chris "redapg" that modeled a lot of parts specifically addressed to the Ares, otherwise the mod would remained on a dream. And many thanks to LcR that painted the skins and looked in deep at discovering and improving several details.

First build 1.0 was released on September 2014... So, after few new builds that came in a couple of months, always in the 2014, now I have updated the mod to the DX11.

In these 3 years I learned a lot of things and the remake of this very old mod, can be seen much more like a new mod: don't expect visible improvements into the 3D, because I'm able only to modeling easy parts, but I improved also few 2D for working better with DX11 and I remade the whole physics, from the internal structure to the engine, suspensions and chassis, steering wheel, tires, etc, etc... with the goal to provide to you a "modern" rF2 mod, keeping the features of the original mod in driving... I hope a better feeling for this funny car that comes in 3 different series:
    - 500 Assetto Corse
    - 695 Assetto Corse
    - 695 Evoluzione

Ported by Thuro76 (SimRacingZone.net) to rFactor2, starting from 500_695 Abarth RFE 1.0 by Slow Motion RFE & Nicola Acciarri RFE. New physic matching rF2 criteria by Nicola Acciarri RFE & Slow Motion RFE. Liveries by LcR (RuinedRoadSimracing.com). Motec 3D by Alessio Contardi. Thanks to the rF2 community and some guys for their patience and tests!

===========

For those guys interested into the evolution of the different builds of the mod:
    - for rFactor1 enhanced by RFE Plugin Series: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/21468-500-695-Abarth-RFE-1-0
    - build 1.0 for rFactor2: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/21749-500_695-Abarth-rFactor2-1-0 and http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/21748-500_695-Abarth-rFactor2-1-0
    - build 1.1: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/21902-500_695-Abarth-rFactor2-1-1
    - build 2.0: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22143-500_695-Abarth-rFactor2-2-0
    - build 2.5: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22258-500_695-Abarth-rFactor2-2-5
    - build 3.0 - 3.2: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/500_695-abarth-rfactor2-3-2.46230/

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

First post updated, enjoy the new Fiat Abarth 500/695!
    Thank you.

SRGP, Hazi, Juergen-BY and 8 others like this.
  3. AlanK

AlanK Registered

Brilliant! It's really at its spiritual home at Senormen's excellent conversion of the Milan street circuit (sadly not DX11 yet as far as I know). All that is required to complete the scene is a Campari & soda and suitable music! I have had hours of fun with the original version and can't wait to try this out.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

4. Hazi

Hazi Registered

THX

5. The_Duke_ZA

The_Duke_ZA Registered

Slow Motion, thank you for another excellent release!

Drove the car a bit around Lime Rock last night, it's right up there with the best fwd cars in any sim.
    Quite a bit stiffer than the Clio so you don't cock a wheel up in a corner, makes for a nice change.

Isn't it almost worthwhile to remove your old steam workshop submission, and submit the latest update as a new item?

I think a lot of people will just filter workshop items to "most recent", quality updates like this gets easily missed.
    Not sure how much work is involved, but just a suggestion to get your excellent work into more hands :)

bravotangosix and MarcG like this.
  6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

It could be done, not a big stuff... But I thought to the lovers of these little cars that are automatically updated to this last build if I don't change item... and it could add confusion.
    Thank you for the suggestion.

7. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

@The_Duke_ZA @Slow Motion @Marcel Offermans It's bloody good point. Why doesn't the steam workshop have a browse by 'Latest Updated' or 'Recently Updated'? It's all well and good having workshop collections made by various subscribers but surely having a recently updated option should be included as standard.

F1Aussie likes this.
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

In Steam Mouseover YOURNAME and select CONTENT, then WORKSHOP ITEMS in the Tabs at the top, then on the Right hand side select SUBSCRIBED ITEMS, when that loads you can select the Date Updated and at the top specify either all games on individual games.

9. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

@MarcG Well, not very friendly but now the most of the readers probably will know it: thank you!

BTW, on Steam a user noticed that now AIs have top speed higher than humans. My fault: I remade the tire with the Chris' Online Tools, BUT I forgot to tune again the AIs, that obviously always use the "old" TBC file.
    I'll release a new build...

MarcG likes this.
  10. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

As you may have guessed, I never knew that. While it works perfectly (and thank you for enlightening me) I do also think its a bit of convoluted way around an issue that could very easily have a single click option from within the workshop itself. But that's just my opinion. :)

SPASKIS and MarcG like this.
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

what if you want to find updated content that you are not subscribed to? I presume your instructions are just for subscribed content?

bravotangosix likes this.
  12. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

btw @Slow Motion the Abarth is brilliant. Really good fun to fire around the twisty tracks. Thanks.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah it's not a "pretty" way of finding out latest updated content but it's the only way I think, a better change needs to come from Steam as other games/workshops suffer from this I think* (*maybe wrong).

I don't think you can but it may be worth a google or search through Steam and see if there's a way :)

bravotangosix likes this.
  14. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Until something more refined comes along this is better than nothing. Will just have to subscribe to the stuff that I hope gets updated at a later stage and keep checking back.

MarcG likes this.
  15. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

First post has been updated for the fix to the top speed of the AI.
    I also added a one tribute car in the 695 Evoluzione (yet in 3.44) to Giancarlo aka Magic Gianca, passed 20 months ago... too early ufff...
    20170715175311_1.jpg
    20170715180515_1.jpg

SRGP, Hazi, LcR and 9 others like this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

uhBARTH? AYbarth?

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

already done that, no luck.

18. Magus

Magus Registered

Thank you for this mod. I tried the 695 at Oulton park Fosters last night and it was really nice to drive. However, using the Oculus Rift headphones for audio, I found the engine noise to be really low compared to other content. I know I can manually adjust it in-game but just wondered if anybody else experienced this too?

19. Bruce0440

Bruce0440 Registered

I have problems with the sound of some mods with the Oculus Rift during the last Two weeks. I'll test this one.

Magus likes this.
  20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

On my side I can say this build is now standardized to the level of ISI/S397 volumes (more or less obviously), but I have no way to test with that equipment...

Magus likes this.