[REL] 500_695 Abarth rFactor2 2.0

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

About the steering wheel, what I can say is to take a look at the settings like the "vehicle set" button into controls UI as well as at the driver settings (under Windows) related to the degrees and if it allows the game supersedes or not the settings. Last the steering lock degrees in game.
    For instance I do not love at all a steering wheel with more than 300 degrees, so I locked my G27 to this value in windows. I love a "direct" steering wheel, so I enabled the "vehicle set" button and I use the default steering lock (18 degrees) with a deadzone of 1 degree and 80% sensivity into the control settings, but I know other guys use the 900 degree, same vehicle set button enabled and 26 degrees steering lock...

In case in the next version I can increase the steering lock from max 26 to max 35.

2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Good news mates about the next version: a new car will be available, the "695 Assetto Corse" with its own liveries, that in the true life races together the 500 Assetto Corse in the Trofeo Abarth!

And some update:
    - new textures and shader for highlight (no longer the annoying light beam in the air)
    - new shader for windows that allows "world" reflections (like other mods)
    - new shader for radiator front grill (better view for a quick identification of the classes also in mirrors)
    - new texture for mirrors

Maybe:
    - new damage file

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The continual improvements to this great mod are very much appreciated! I predicted it would just keep getting better :)

4. matf1

matf1 Registered

Tried a multi car combo at Route 666 with NSX-R, Supercharged Spec Miata, Panoz, Datsun 240Z @120%, a seriously fun and exciting grid. The same combo at Cadwell Park was simply sublime, the perfect track for these cars.

5. Maug

Maug Registered

Thanks a lot for the mod, i had a quick shot a few days ago and had some really good fun, i promise to drive it more in the next days!

6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Can I ask you why there isn't always any reflection on the car body?

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Sometimes this is due to a track. Some tracks don't have prober reflections. At least that was the case earlier.

9. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Depending of coefficients in the shader of the body, the shader itself and the track of course. In facts, first of all, the track must have reflection=true for specific objects and everything done correctly. Then, using the right shader, the "visibility" of the reflection of objects on the body as well as on other parts like windows and internal parts of the car, depends of how several coefficients are set.

I didn't care to the look in the earlier version of the mod, but you will notice a different look in the coming version. I changed coefficients for several parts of the body, as well as for the windows, also the cockpit view.

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Buono a sapersi, grazie.

11. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

as for carbody shader.... it must be "car paint with damage", with corresponding maps and spec levels. also, in the cubemap it is absolutely essential to set it as reflection mapper=true, or it wont reflect the tracks no matter what :)

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The new NSX from ISI has no glass, but just empty holes where the windows should go on many quick conversion tracks.

13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered