[REL] 500_695 Abarth rFactor2 1.1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Sep 22, 2014.

1. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

This is a really fun little car. Thanks for your work so far!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Your English is more than adequate!

Simple solution--adjust the FFB in future versions so it is equivalent to ISI cars at 1.0 default. Glad to hear that the fidelity is there when you crank it up. Since we don't have a FFB multiplier by class and only each and every individual car number, it's obviously more logical and sensible to make the default 1.0 the "correct according to the designer" level of feedback.

3. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

The version 1.1 no longer uses the FFB rF1 coefficients, so there is no sense to have that option into the upgrades (tuning). Now on the FFB can be managed into the game configuration...

About the exhaust style vs rim colors I'll check.

Thank you

4. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

OK I double checked the exhaust style vs rim colors. There is no problem at all. The problem is another one and I have no idea of the why. It happened to me too in some cases: sometimes when you select a different color for the rim you do not see it on the car, but moving a little the position of the car itself in the garage, the rim flashes and you see the chosen color. As well as it can be the opposite: you see the colored rim, move the car and it disappears. Ingame I never noticed this strange behavior.
    Please let me know.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Can it be increased overall so it matches the "output" or "level" of the ISI cars (Clio, for example) at 1.0 setting?

6. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I think this might be a Spinner/Showroom issue. The Showroom floor does some flaky flickering, etc...

7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I have worked hard to set the FFB at the current level, because these cars aren't the Clio and cannot have the same behavior. I started also comparing the Clio values, then changing the turning circle to match the real one, etc... Obviously I cannot be sure that the real race car steering wheel behaves like this one, but for sure nothing to see with the Clio. If one of us all was able to find a guy that drive in a championship this car and want to test it, ehehehe for sure we'll have the best answers to our doubts, but never say never! I have a lot of dreams, but I need a team for turning them into reality: Thuro76 is finishing the Porsche conversion and he is very very busy. Nicola is starting to discovery the secrets of the rF2 physic.

At the moment one step in the development could be to paint a certain number of cars for matching the Trofeo Abarth Championship or, at least, to have the livery of the real car in different colors... Not a big step, but to see a nicer livery can be better also ingame. I have the template available and I'm looking for a guy that likes to make it. Any offer?

And please, do not forget the main point: we all are here for pleasure, each one into his own favorite field. Thank you very much for posting suggestions, doubts, etc like you all are doing.

8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

uhmmm not sure Simon, I do not see this strange effect with other cars. At least I see anything: I mean, I select an option and car doesn't change at all.
    But you are expert, so I hope it isn't something wrong into, for instance, the shaders used.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Lots of problems with the showroom for many cars...hopefully that's all it is.

Just a question, if most people reported that the FFB felt best at multiplier of 1.3, would you then think it appropriate to make the 1.3 level the default? Perhaps most like it at 1.0. I only know on my Fanatec wheel with everything else set at default, the FFB is too light/not communicative enough.

Of course I can set it higher for every single car # with the multiplier, and then do it all over again if I need to tweak it at some point, but just trying to understand your philosophy towards this. Many modders seem to not agree with my logic :)

EDIT!

OK, I just clued myself in that I still had a steering option in the tuning menu. I mistakenly thought the 1.1 you released was the same as the 1.1 test you sent me. The FFB in the real v.1.1 that I just installed is fine at the default levels. Sorry for the confusion!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  10. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

ahahaha Marc: now I'm confused, lol I understand your "edit" of course, but I'm not sure if you think the FFB still need to be stronger. And, as you said, we are discussing to improve the feeling of the car, so every point of view is positive!
    About the showroom, well, one more chance that isn't my fault, thanks.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The "strength" of the FFB is comparable to the Clio. Of course it will not feel exactly the same.

It is much stronger in the final 1.1 than in the test 1.1 I was still using up until a few minutes ago.

The FFB fidelity will improve over time as the physics are updated, but there is no need to "increase the volume" (in my opinion)--you already did that for the current release.

12. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I must admit raising to 1.26 is too much. It allow to retrieve forces like the ones of the Clio but don't feel natural for this car. Raising FFB around 1.1/1.16 is enough with my T500RS (mileage may vary depending taste and hardware of course), and probably we have FFB flipping upper.

In any case, really good and fun car! :) Thanks again! :)

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Just tried the version 1.1. Good job :) Fun little mod. Good for beginners and for those who are looking close racing. I like the tyre sounds of this mod and the models looks good.

14. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Thanks for sharing this :)

First impression = Excellent model, ffb and tire sounds. Waaaaayyyyyy too much grip (even in rain). Waaaaaayyyyyy too understeery. Not sure if same model (car model, I mean) as either of the models in NKP or AC, but both of those cars will easily oversteer which is what makes them fun. In fact, this car is the only car I think feels good in AC and is also now the only car to have more grip and understeer in rF2 than in AC ;)

Do you have information about how these cars are supposed to drive IRL. I have a neighbor who has one and he also races 2000s pretty seriously maybe I'll ask him if I see him but of course there are likely hundreds of folks in the forum who would know...

Sorry, haven't read the thread so others may be saying the same... :p

Edit - Correction. I just went back and tested in AC and understeer city. NKP is very balanced, though. I also watched some videos and didn't see any lift off oversteer but not sure anyone was trying but NKP 500 Abarth has loads of lift off oversteer on demand...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  15. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you for comments.

A couple of answers:
    - any people able to test the car comparing it with the real one is welcome! If I was able to find a guy that races in the real championship... but I posted in few forums, evidently without finding the right place.
    - about the grip, maybe the grip for humans is too much (it depends now by the TGM files, but also by other coefficients). As I wrote, TGM files are the original files of ISI for the tires used by the 500 Assetto Corse and the 695 Evoluzione. I'd like to better balance the grip but also working on suspensions, chassis, etc... We'll see in the future, anyway the car is perfect for fighting and for enjoying friendly races and this is my goal at the moment. I, we need to learn and to have more detailed info (like the previous point) before to change the behavior of the car
    - about under/over steering this is a very questionable argumentation... I think the behavior of the car depends of the driving style and the speed entering / exiting a corner. What I tried to reproduce is a car that can be driven with the throttle entering the corner. If you want a over steering behavior entering a corner, you must cut throttle immediately and brake... if you want a neutral car you must use throttle and brake together like a RWD and it is funny (as well a different behavior between 500 and 695 due to the weight distribution, etc). Exiting the corners obviously this car is under steering (it is a FWD)... what is really complex is to calibrate the lat/long grip (much more now we have to manage the TGM files and not the TBC, also due to my lack of knowledge) always remembering that the behavior must be different depending of the speed and performance of the driver. In conclusion we need a driver of these little cars to give us some suggestions.

I don't want to be polemical, but just few days ago I asked for a painter interested into creating new liveries for these cars to have them nicer and closer to the real ones without any response.
    I think that in any case this class of cars was "pending" in rF2 and now, for better or for worse we have something that is fun.

16. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Agreed. Just focus on converting as many elements over to rF2 standard from the original (I assume based on the FFB that there is still some rF1 left because it "feels" like that) and then we should start playing with tires, grip, etc. The tires very well may be perfect as-is and are more likely to be perfect based on your description of where they come from than some other elements.

For me, it behaves as I would expect a FWD car to. I just don't get the same fidelity of feedback I get in a Clio. (Fidelity, not strength of forces, which are OK).

18. 64r

64r Registered

Thanks for a good little car, I have a few comments and feedback below, I hope my feedback is constructive for you.. I owned an Abarth 500 for a few years and I am involved in racing something similar so my feedback is based on that.

I think that you have the sounds pretty close, I really enjoy the backfire. The sounds are good, but I think that the brake sound should be louder. Based on the pad type the squeal should really dominate the sound when braking, in real racing the brake squeal from these pads is the loudest sound in the car. An example of what I mean is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDW7SfLHaa4&list=UUQSbItEIhaWQGmDii8L01Qg

In terms of graphics I think it car is pretty good. A few changes I would request. 1) Some more polys in the interior so that there are no squared off corners (eg around the abarth centre console on the top of the dash) and 2) I think the windows are a bit too clear, when you are following another car you can see straight through the rear and front windscreen, it's like there is not reflection or something missing.

In terms of physics, I feel there is way too much grip. I could not understand why my times were slow until I started to throw the car into the corners like a kart. It is almost impossible to get the rear to slide or to get any of the brakes to lock. In the real car the rear is very sensitive to lift off oversteer, to drive it fast you have to trail break it right into the corner so the back breaks free then jump back on the throttle. In the sim to drive this fast you can just aim for the corner then turn the wheel as quick as possible (kart style) and it will still make the apex, great for having fun but it's too much of an arcade car. The Clio lift off behaviour does this well and the video above also shows a few good examples of what I mean.

I hope this helps, let me know if you want more details. Like I said, a great little car mod and I hope we can help make it better. Thanks for spending the time to make this.

19. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thanks 64r.
    Yesterday I converted the physic of suspensions to rF2 embedded into the new "chassis" file and I noticed a better feeling in driving the car and a very great behavior on curbs. But for sure we have to decrease the grip and to change a little the behavior of a car also testing and comparing.
    About the graphics I agree with you, but I'm worried about the fps... now the car is so light in terms of resource demand.
    About sounds we'll see to enhance them in the future.

20. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I agree with 64r : for me the Assetto Corsa is an "oversteer car" (such as the NKP one).