[REL] 500_695 Abarth rFactor2 1.1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Please read these few notes before asking for anything. Email me for any suggestion, help, improvement: slowmotion@symracing.net

1. I assembled the "500_695 Abarth RFE" mod for rFactor1 few weeks ago for my personal pleasure in fighting with some friends of mine and I asked for a modder able to convert it to rFactor2: here is a new great component for rFactor2, converted by Thuro76!

2. The component allows the "500 Assetto Corse" and the "695 Evoluzione", that can be driven together or like a single class. You can enjoy smooth differences in driving the different classes.

3. Currently the rFactor2 new physic is limited to the tyres (original TGMs by ISI, that match exactly the real Michelin's compounds of the Abarth). In the future I hope the mod will be enhanced, also with the help of the community, to add the new "chassis", new suspensions, etc... In the meantime I want to thank Nicola Acciarri for setting the physical coefficients of the rFactor1 mod, ported by me with few adjustments to rFactor2.

4. A special thank to SRZ - *************.net for support in finding the right person that helped me in releasing this component.

5. Please address any request, suggestion to slowmotion@symracing.net

======================
    ======================
    NEW IN VERSION 1.1
    ======================

1. UNINSTALL AND DELETE in the ModManager everything related to the previous version like rfcmp, veh, sound and in case any mod (virtualmod for dedicated); move the new rfcmp (veicle) file into Packages folder and install it by ModManager.

2. The component is no longer a multi-component, so all mas files are stored into the same folder

3. the AIs' behavior has been dramatically enhanced and I guess now can bring funny fight to you

4. the FFB (controls section into the hdv files) has now been updated to the rF2 features giving a much better feeling

5. little adjustment to the tvcockpit view to avoid a halo reflection stripe on asphalt

LINK: NEW VERSION 2.0 AVAILABLE

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014
  2. MrBiscotte

MrBiscotte Registered

Thanks for this update. I'll test it tonight.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This new update has just made the Abarth one of my favorite cars to drive in rF2!
    Thank you so much!

I tell you... This little beast flying over the crests around Cadwell... Sim racing heaven! :D

4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi and thank you for the update!!! Can't wait to test it but I encountered an issue as seen below...its basically not letting me delete version 1.0 to install 1.1. I dont have any mods using your mod as one can see....

what shall I do please? Thanks!

[​IMG]

5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

As the screeshot shows the component Vehicle is in use by 1 mod, that for sure is a virtualmod. Maybe you joint a server online and automatically you downloaded the little file that connects the component(s) to the track(s).

Look above in the list to find it and uninstall it. Look also to the "cmp" (component) and last check if vehicle and sound are no longer active. Rememebre version 1.0 was a "multi-component"!
    Install the version 1.1 only at the end of this procedure.

I hope this can help you.

6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you. Your comment make us happy, also if we (Thuro76 that made the conversion, Nicola Acciarri that made the physic of the rF1 version and I) know we must learn a lot and for sure we can improve the mod in the future.

7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

now on, the vehicle is available also in GETMOD

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It's hard imagining this car getting even better... But I'm sure you guys can pull it off!
    Can't wait to see what the future brings for this magnificent mod. :)

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... Cadwell...?

I think I musta missed something. :p

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

More rF2-based components replacing rF1 pieces. The car will then feel, perform and look even better.

11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

ARB will be added into the new version...

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I see no GetMod URL in 1.1, does anyone else?

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I'm impressed how good and different v1.1 feel versus v1.0! FFB is now alive and kicking and the car have a very good behaviour, I really like it! :)

Just made few loop on Lienz and it was really good.

Thanks a bunch for this new car! :)

Edit: BTW, very small problem: depending where I put my rig (front of projector screen, TV or monitor) I prefer sometimes to drive on fullview/hood (Cocpit->Roof->Chase->Hood=fullview). With this car the fullview (nothing from the car appear) roof camera is too high (normal as it's on the roof) and the hood camera is too low. usually the hood camera is at eyes level and I use this one. Anyway, tiny small concerns, more a remark ;)

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you.
    Well, about the point of view, to avoid any confusion I prefer to use the "original" terms:
    - cockpit
    - tvcockpit
    - swingman
    - nose

I think cockpit and tvcockpit are right (and I fixed also the halo for the tvcockpit view). In effect I moved up just a little the swingman point of view and maybe I have to move it up a little bit more, but I didn't care about the nose point of view so I'll review them for the next version.

15. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

16. tjc

tjc Registered

Thanks for the update SM, will test asap... :)

17. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thank you, this issue has been solved now. Strangely enough, FFB is very very weak now, I almost cannot feel it at all. I even but the multiplier up but same. I only tried the 695. Version 1.0 did not have this issue.

What could it be? Thank you for your great work! I love this car :)

18. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Sincerely I have no a "consistent" reason for this issue... The coefficients related to the steering wheel and FFB are identical for the 2 classes, but there are smooth differences in the physic like the massa, springs, engine power and gear ratio where few of these give a different behavior of the cars entering a corner and the overall feeling with the steering wheel due to the sliding of the front tires. Driving the 695 Evolution, if you use the TrackMap plugin and the widget that shows how tires behave, you will notice less grip in acceleration and it means a steering wheel "lighter".
    But I suggest to take a look to the FFB value related to the car itself (I drive using the default value 1.00)... or it can be a temporary lack of the FFB (try to press Q key ingame or reboot he Pc).

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Which FFB options are people using in the car tuning menu??? I hope everyone looked in there to see there are choices.

I am sure the FFB will be better and more consistent in the future. For me, 1.1 is still quite weak. YoLo could you tell us what settings and equipment you are using? How does it feel compared to the stock Clio? For me, it is half or less of the FFB fidelity.

20. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I use a T500RS with control panel with "usual" settings (60, 100, 100, 0, 12 grayed as "From Game" is checked).

I tested again the 500 (didn't try the 695 yet) and compared it with Clio at Lienz. I retrieve the same amount of information from FFB on both cars when I raise the FFB multiplier of the 500 to 1.26/1.30. All other settings are default ones including setup. You cannot longer change the FFB multiplier on the tuning menu, at least I was able to select 5 levels with 1.0 and this is not here with 1.1. Not a complain, I don't feel the need to change it here (and I don't really like to have several places to tune this aspect). I change the FFB multiplier in the control menu like usually with other cars. IMO (my tastes I will say) only very few cars need to have the FFB multiplier changed and this 500 need to be raised to 1.26 at least, and it feel pretty good. Tested at Lienz for the kerbs, the rapid curves #1, #2 and the long one down the hill before the town, and off course the sliding and shaking town part (pavement).

With previous v1.0 I had to select the higher multiplier in tuning menu (FFb 5 AFAIK) and raise also the one in control menu, and even with those multiplier, I had the feeling I had strong feedback E.g. on pavement and kerbs, due to the FFB multiplied, but still had light feedback from road texture e.g. during high speed curves. In other words tires wasn't provide me information from ground relief. With v1.1 I have the ground information I missed with previous version, so I can raise less the FFB multiplier for a more equilibrate feeling between "hard" ground (kerbs, pavement, etc.) and road texture.

That's my feeling, sorry I'm not a technical guys (regarding car setup etc.) so hard to explain this with real car technical terms (and in English) ;)

BTW: small bug when selecting second exhaust style with 4 exits: the rim color get back to default.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, sorry for the terms, sometimes my english is painful technically speaking ;)