[REL] 500_695 Abarth rFactor2 1.0

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Slow Motion, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Raúl Cor

Raúl Cor Registered

awesome thanks

2. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Grazie Mille! Thank you! I love it :)

3. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

It actually has too much grip even with hard suspension to the maximum

4. EpicPosterGuy

EpicPosterGuy Registered

Indeed a nkpro conversion , but i dont think that you know that , so you cant be blaimed for it , might wanna ask stefano if he is cool about it on twitter :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
  5. Kaitsu_69

Kaitsu_69 Registered

How you solve mirror problem? Black or grey in first video...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

No, it was my mistake..I forgot to active the mirrors!

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Thanks, will try this soon. :)

8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I have ready an update (1.1) that fixes the poor behavior of the AIs. Take in mind that the discussion about AI might start from the behavior of the car driven by humans... I mean a good TGM is the starting point to set a good TBC (without thinking to other points like new suspension and new chassis). But for the moment I only adapted the TBC files used by AIs.

I'd like to share the new files with few guys that like to test the AIs' behavior but I have also a problem: I created the 1.1 like an update to the original version. The mod manager sees it like an update reporting the original component in bold ready for the update, but after the update nothing changes and again the mod manager is ready for the update of the component...
    I can create a new multicomponent (1.1) but I'd like to use the update option.

Can you help me in understanding the mistake? Can it depend of the fact the vehicle is a multicomponent and not a component?

Later, for testing the 1.1, please email to me in private

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
  9. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Don't use the up-date system for this !!! release a new version v1.1. An up-date could create mismatches if you want to host a server with it.
    (For example: setting up a server with Poznan V1.1 up-date won't work out of the box :()

Create a new single-component package file (.veh) and include the sound.mas in it. :)

Edit: and don't change the package name. So the user copy/past the package in the package folder and overwrite the previous one. Then go to the mod-manager select your mod and click unistall then install. So the user doesn't have 2 versions and doesn't have to delete previous versions.

Note: Up-date packages are for leagues who want to use modified content. Only the modified files should be in the Up-date package.
    They should embed there up-date package in there league Vmod, and leave the original content as it is.
    To many league versions of tracks and cars are released, and could have conflicts with each other.

And if possible try to get missing content to work with your car. :cool:
    Ask PlickBadger how he did it. :)

Thanx For the Car!!!

10. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Many thanks Gysbers for the explanations!!!
    I will follow your advice, releasing a new "full" package 1.1.

But please, let me understand a little bit better 2 points:
    1. I (that means Thuro76 and I) created a multi-component because of I supposed that to follow the same structure of ISI mods was the best choice... what do you consider wrong in this choice?
    2. I can also ask PlickBadger about the other your sentence - And if possible try to get missing content to work with your car - but can you please let me understand what means "missing content" (chassis, etc...)? If you are referring to those parts, I have planned to investigate on them in the future, but for sure the help of an expert guy is a good help!

thanks!

11. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Since the release of the ISI F3.5 2014 and the ISI Indycar. There is only 1 package file (.veh) and it includes the sound.mas.
    The updated ISI GT-cars are packaged this why also.

The purpose of this is that a host could simply select a car and track to create a Vmod and setup a server.
    With a multi package, the sounds is a separate package and you'll have to add them as "other components" in the Vmod. This is often forgotten by server hosts.

Getting missing content: ( http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/15074-How-to-make-Get-Missing-Components-actually-work )
    If a user wants to join a server and doesn't have the mod file, car or track installed.
    He simply selects the server and clicks on "Mod" the server-mod will automatically download.
    And after that it will ask to download the missing (your) car and/or track.

To make this "get missing components" to work, you'll have to enter a special link in the "URL" box when you create the package file. How to create this download link to your car, you'll have to ask a experienced modder like PluckBadger. His packages are well made and user friendly, which make them popular. :)

BTW: i see often the modders website in the URL box. That's not the purpose of that box. :)
    BTW: in the old situation with a multi package and if the host forgot the sounds as other components in the Vmod.
    The user who would click on get missing components, would have a nice car with no sounds.

12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you very much Gysbers, now I have understood, eheeehh.

13. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Also, the new server works only with the new format (car cmp with sound inside).

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

well, I fixed it and new 1.1 will be a component with sound mas together other mas files. Also AIs' behavior has been fixed (I hope, lol). Thanks Max for confirmed that about vehicle.

15. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

PM'd GetMod setup instructions. Let me know if you need additional info.

16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered