[REL] 500_695 Abarth rFactor2 1.0

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Slow Motion, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Please read these few notes before asking for anything. Email me for any suggestion, help, improvement: slowmotion@symracing.net

1. I assembled the "500_695 Abarth RFE" mod for rFactor1 few weeks ago for my personal pleasure in fighting with some friends of mine and I asked for a modder able to convert it to rFactor2: here is a new great component for rFactor2, converted by Thuro76!

2. The component allows the "500 Assetto Corse" and the "695 Evoluzione", that can be driven together or like a single class. You can enjoy smooth differences in driving the different classes.

3. Currently the rFactor2 new physic is limited to the tyres (original TGMs by ISI, that match exactly the real Michelin's compounds of the Abarth). In the future I hope the mod will be enhanced, also with the help of the community, to add the new "chassis", new suspensions, etc... In the meantime I want to thank Nicola Acciarri for setting the physical coefficients of the rFactor1 mod, ported by me with few adjustments to rFactor2.

4. A special thank to SRZ - *************.net for support in finding the right person that helped me in releasing this component.

5. Please note this is formally a multicomponent, because of the sound mas file is located into a separate folder in Sounds.

6. Please address any request, suggestion to slowmotion@symracing.net

View attachment 14252

OLD VERSION

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
  2. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Nice surprise Thank you downloading now and will try it out.

3. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I can't wait trying this! Thank you!

4. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

5. Minibull

Minibull Member

Wow, that looks pretty sweet. What a nice surprise, thank you very muchly :)

6. Uff

Uff Registered

Is this a netKar Pro conversion or was the original car scratch built?

7. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Thx Guys Very good job

Babs

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

Hmm, I never played NKP, but from the pictures I can find, this looks remarkably similar. Hope the modder responds.

9. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I've just tried the 2 cars on Lime Rock Park (no chicanes) with my T500RS : lots of fun!! I almost found the magic feeling of the NetkarPro's Abarth (and, for me, it's not a small tribute).

Flaws: may be too easy to drive (too much grip?) but is it a flaw? Some blurring in the steering?

For me, there is a very big one flaw: the AI is really too slow!! I'm a slow driver but I'm faster than the 120% AI, so I can't make a race against AI (as in Netkar Pro? lol).

Thank you very much for this and, if you can improve the AI, it will be a great mod, one of the best in rF2 (in my opinion!).

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks! Donwloading, can't wait to try it!

11. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Wonderful surprise!! These cars are a joy to race, amazing stuff. Really nice work.

My only gripe is the fact that the AI is really slow, like 5-6 seconds/lap too slow when I tested at Estoril.

13. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

Great little beast, thanks :D

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Woww what a blast driving this little-big car.:)
    Firstly I haven't liked the default setup then with some few modifications in the setup(more camber in the front wheel and braking balance) and the car has became very very fun to drive.
    I hope you can improve the interiors textures(the 3D model isn't bad at all) and the AI is very slow.
    Ps:Like the sound too!:cool:

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Link doesn't answer the question.

Nevertheless, these are a great addition to rF2! Can't wait for the chassis to be ported over fully. Steering feel isn't up to Clio standards (probably because of that), but these will be great to mix and match with the Clio's.

I learned something new--that the mod affects the virtual mirror settings!?!?! The already pathetic mirror quality and resolution is several steps worse when using the Abarth than other cars. Please also adjust this for the next version. Maybe someone will experiment with a HIGHER res mirror some day.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
  16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I try to answer to some questions depending of what I know.
    Cardoso linked the starting point of the mod. I can only add that I started years ago looking at all 500 Abarth models available and updated to RFE for rFactor1. There were 3 mods: Pigue3D, B375Motorsport and SRZ Trofeo Abarth. For a couple of years I enjoyed driving the Pigue3D changing and updating the physic to have a car for close fights. Finally, two months ago I toke the decision to release a 500 Abarth for sharing the pleasure to drive this car, adding also the 695 class. So, I asked Nicola Acciarri, that was and is a collaborator of the RFE Plugin Series project for rFactor1, to create the best physic available with the info we had, for the 500 Assetto Corse and also for the 695 Evoluzione.
    In the meantime I asked the author of the mod that graphically I considered closest to the real car, the SRZ - ************* team for the authorization to use those shapes for the look of the vehicle, modifying and/or creating the others like tires in different compounds, shaders, etc...
    After the releasing of the rFactor1 RFE version I asked for a modder able to "convert" the 500_695 Abarth to rFactor2 and I found him.

So, "we" (Thuro76, the modder and I) were able to have the 500_695 Abarth for rFactor2. This version for rFactor2 contains several different files for the physic because of the new features of rF2 and I hope in the future to be able to enhance the physical performances, starting of the chassis, but also the tgm files, etc... as well as the AI performances, that on the contrary were perfectly calibrated into rFactor1, but my skill is limited, lol.

About the AI performances, partially depends of the track; I also found that performances are not the best with dry asphalt but, on the contrary, AIs are very fast with wet asphalt... I did not investigate a lot because I thought to fights with humans... for sure different coefficients into the tbc file will fix the issue...

In conclusion I have no idea about the origin of the "original" mod (that I consider SRZ) and for this reason I presented it as a mix of scratch/real word/conversion, but for sure in both cases, rF1 and rF2 version, only part of the body is the same of the "original" mod, all the other files and physic are new.

For sure one of the reasons that pushed me to have the 500/695 Abarth available for rFactor 2 was the pleasure I found in driving the 500 of Assetto Corsa (the game) and I spent months to be able to find the right coefficients to match what I had in my mind. My knowledge of RFE Plugin Series (I'm the co-author of the plugin) and the work of Nicola Acciari made my dream the truth.

If somebody want to collaborate in enhancing this mod, he is very welcome! Email to me in case...

17. elbo

elbo Registered

This kind of post annoys the hell out of me.
    Thanks for the work on the fiat, great little car.

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It does very much like nKp indeed so the original rF car likely was a rip from there. At least it's not like Sim Dream that takes the models from Forza and puts them up for sale.

20. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Just had a little go and Symonds plains. Much fun was had! Many thanks.