4L0M Skin Repository - .PSD FILES

Discussion in 'Modding' started by 4L0M, Jan 16, 2013.

1. 4L0M

4L0M Registered

What is it?

Well, after stating ages ago that i would write up a skinning tutorial that i never got round to i thought that i would upload a pack of my .PSD photoshop templates for all you people who are new to skinning and don't know where to start to download and have a look at.

Inside are finished .psd skin files for the BT20, Clio, 370z and NGTR. These include all of the layers that i have used for each car so that you can have a look and see how i skin stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please bear in mind that everyone does things differently, and as far as i'm concerned, there is no real right or wrong way to go about doing things as long as you are happy with the final result. I personally never make " Real Life " skins as to be honest, i like trying to be creative and copying a skin for me would bore me to tears, but i know that some of you ONLY like real-life skins, which is great, but these templates should still be able to help you out.

[​IMG]

Hopefully these templates may give you some pointers in how to go about things, or maybe give you some ideas of different techniques that can be applied.

They may not even open for you in Photoshop, lol. Who knows? All the skins were either made in Photoshop CS3 or CS5, if you use a different version, then some fonts ( ie/ Car numbers may be different, but it shouldn't be a problem ).

[​IMG]

Anyway, I hope that they may be of use to someone. Please bear in mind that i am one of the messiest modders ever, and my naming conventions and backing up systems leave loads to be desired......I have 5 Harddrives in my PC and i found these skins in a folder called " Skins & SH** ", lol, so you have been warned if my layers are called weird stuff and are all over the place. They get the job done in the end Though !!

[​IMG]

DOWNLOAD (84mb) :

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?96mdwxcondioehd

ENJOY !

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
  2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Great!!!
    Thanks for sharing.

clapping.gif

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice one 4L0M.

Very much appreciated mate. :cool:

:)

4. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Thanks a lot.

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Thanks!

Where is the rep when you need it..

6. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

7. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Thanks for posting this 40LM, I am just learning to skin.
    I have a question though... when I made my first skin I saw a faint "ghost" of the original cars numbers/logos which I removed but I'm not sure if I did it properly.
    I am using Photoshop CS4 and found the original logos on the 370z in the Alpha layer, which you can obviously untick so they are not visible.
    When converting my skin to DDS I chose not to Save Alpha layer and that cured the ghost problem.
    However, I'm not sure that's the correct way to get rid of it. Should I be deleting ISI's original Alpha layer under channels? What should I be doing with it?
    Does the absence or presence of an alpha layer effect how glossy a skin looks in game (or something else for that matter)? I've tried so many things I not sure what to attribute to the glossy or flat look I see when experimenting.
    Thanks for any help,
    Bailey

8. mtbboy

mtbboy Registered

i open the pepsi tyemplate in gimp 2.8
    and every thing was pink.
    insteadof blue
    but when i view it in irfan view its like you show here on the site

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
  9. mtbboy

mtbboy Registered

i use gimp, but you can do this in photoshop just in little bit different way:

flatten image
    delete every thing on the cahnnel named alpha1,
    copy the image go to channel named alpha1
    paste it,
    and there you have a alphachannel of your skin
    make alpha1 channel invisible.
    click o nthe flatten image and save

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013