4 years of what??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Richard P, Aug 8, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I bet that is because of input lag, maybe using vsync in video mode and pre-rendered frames at default, or maybe not limiting fps by software to setting which below fps can't drop as that is how you get constant input delays, no variation in timing because of changing fps etc.

Maybe rF2 could implement software adjustable fps max limit? But then again for most vsync software does just that, imo. Limiting fps to 60.

Difference with higher fps after sorting those out is not as big anymore.

I'm poor driver, yet I have posted video where I powerslide F1 car, I can't do such thing in reality for sure, of course we could test that out if anyone can borrow F1 car for a moment? :D

I post lot from input lag and such because it is a massive difference compared to default settings of drivers and software, it is like remotely controlling car vs directly controlling car.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yeah, but that's interesting too... I think I am an average driver, but I have VERY quick hands and reaction time... Maybe that's my 'thing' here, and the thing being overlooked... A fast driver doesn't mean a driver who can control something out of control... A fast driver probably never puts the car out of control.

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Just want to add something here, didn't read the whole threat, but I saw the question from Tim if people are aware of the game going out off realtime and I can answer that.
    I consider myself as an average driver too, but have no understanding of realtime and dropping in- or out of it.
    What I do know, is that I was able to control slide's with the F2 cars in one build, doing slide's on purpose sometimes because it was nice....... :) .......and in a later build, I was not able to control the car at all. I remember writing about that in a topic.

I could force under- or oversteer and later, I was happy to just get around a corner, not having feeling at all......and the fbb worked.

So, to answer that one; if that was a matter of slipping out of realtime; I for one, sure didn't notice that was the case.