3DS MAX 8 Material.dlt error on startup.

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Manu[JDT], Mar 8, 2013.

1. Manu[JDT]

Manu[JDT] Registered

Hi, I have a problem when starting 3ds max 8 when trying to load the plugin material_v25.dlt at startup.

The following error appears:

gMotor2 Startup Error

Error creating standard default shader

[​IMG]

I press the OK button and enter in max. I open the material editor and click in standard box. Open window and select gMotorMaterial but appears twice the box below:

Material Error

Shader "L2DIFFUSET0" not found.

I press the OK button.

In the material editor appears "gMat" but nothing appears on the list of shaders.

[​IMG]

I have put in hardwareshaders coreshaders.mas
    Texture_v25.dlt, Material_v25.dlt and Converter_v25.dlu in Plugins
    importGMT2.ms in scripts \ startup

[​IMG]

Any idea why this happens?

Edit: SOLVED

I extracted the content of the file "ShaderGFX.mas" in "Hardwareshaders"

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
  2. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

Don't you have to extract the contents of the corshaders.mas first? before you put in hardwareshaders. I get "unknown key" when I try. I can axtract "ShaderGFX.mas" ok but not "Coreshaders.mas".

I am still getting Shader "L2DIFFUSET0" not found error!

3. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Don't need nothing in hardwareshaders folder!.

[​IMG]

Just press "Reset Shader MAS File Location" close MAX and next time you open MAX will ask you for the ShaderGFX.mas (rfactor2\Core\Shared)

4. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

How to you go to that display (image) where you find "Reset Shader MAS File Location" button.

Can you tell me please. I am new to 3Ds max.

5. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Need to install last version (2.5n) open Material editor (press M) and create a Gmaterial

6. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

I run 3ds max 2012, hit hammer switch then max script, GMT Importer, Import a Directory, choose directory. Material Editer pops up with error message Shader "L2DIFFUSET0" not found. I close message but cant find create Gmaterial button.

First time I ran the program and followed these procedures the "Chose a MAS File Directory" display popped up. I entered the directory path "rFactor2\Core\Shared\Coreshaders.mas" but message "path not found" appeared. After that when I run the GMT Importer the "Chose a MAS File Directory" display doesn't appear anymore so I can not try again.

7. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

GMT Importer??? this post is about ISI plugins.

8. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

Do you have a download link for this (2.5n)?

Its alright I found one.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
  9. HarryCS

HarryCS Registered

Hi,
    I tried to install rF2 tools and have exactly the same symptons as here in the first post.
    is the version 2.5n here the gmt converter 2.52k which I have currently or something else?

I tried extracting shaderGFX.mas to hardwareshaders as was the 1st posters solution, but I still get this error:
    Shader "L2DIFFUSET0" not found

The files I´m using are from the latest (2.40) lite version of rF2.
    Can anyone help me please?

10. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Hi HarryCS,

Which version of max you are using?

There is no need to extract anything. Just copy from rFactor2\Support\Tools\Plugins\Max 2011 (if you are using 2011 version) those three files to your max plugins folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\plugins, for example).

When you first time fire up max, it will ask coreshaders location (like C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Core\Shared). Just browse there and click ok.

If max don't ask it, open material editor and click "Shader Mas File Location" and browse to your \Shared - folder.

Cheers!

11. HarryCS

HarryCS Registered

I´m using 3dsmax8.

I guess there was no need to extract anything, but got to try all tips :)

My max does not ask coreshaders location ( have placed the coreshaders.mas into 3dsmax/hardwareshaders folder.)

Also in material editor I don´t see or don´t know where to look for "shader mas file location".

edit:
    I got one step forward (hopefully) by looking at what I had in the folders (hardwareshaders and plugins) on my old PC.
    For what I can remember, I had some extra shaders added in the hardwareshaders, at least the lightflare shader. Still it makes no sense that the new shaders would want anything from them - so I remain dubious why I got forward now.

One last question then if anyone can confirm, should there be 2 stacks of gmt converter 2.52k on top of each other in the material editor window?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013