3Dmax 2012 - ISI tools plugins (failed to initialize)

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by djbob, Aug 5, 2016.

1. djbob

djbob Registered

After a reformat of HDD I have reinstalled Max 2012 (32bit) and trying to install the ISI RF2 plugins.

I have dropped the 3 files from the Rfactor2/support/tools/plugins/max2012 folder (each have '_v25' at the end of filename) into ..3ds Max 2012\plugins\.
    Also I have put the coreshaders file from Moddev/shared/ into max2012/hardwareshaders.

When I load Max2012 I get an error for each of the 3 files, for example 'DLL <C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\3ds Max 2012\Plugins\Converter_v25.dlu> failed to initialize. Error code 193 - % 1 is not a valid Win32 application.'

Have I missed something here... it been a while but I am sure this is what I did last time and it worked. :confused:

Thanks in advance if you can spot anything wrong!

2. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

I believe you do not need to copy coreshaders to 3ds max's hardwareshaders - folder anymore.

There is button on exporter, which you can reset and set correct path to rF2 installation coreshaders (for example C:\Users\XXX\Documents\rFactor2\ModDev\Shared).

3. djbob

djbob Registered

Thanks - but I can't even get to the exporter!
    Max loads but the plugins have not loaded because of the 3 plugin errors at startup.

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Run as admin?

5. djbob

djbob Registered

Tried, but no difference.

So if I am not missing something in the process there must be something wrong with my system :(

Any more ideas please chip in, otherwise I'll report back when solved.

6. djbob

djbob Registered

It won't load from within the Plugin Manager in Max either, same error message.

7. djbob

djbob Registered

Oh.. hold on, it's saying x64 .. sorry... :eek:

8. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Are you running 32 or 64 bit version of max?...I get this error when copying the 3 plugin files to my 64 bit version of max 2011, running 64 bit version as admin doesn't help either.... 32 bit version works fine.

EDIT: you replied while I was typing my reply :)

9. dradecki

dradecki Registered

I came across this exact same problem this week. Very eager to find the fix.

10. djbob

djbob Registered

Yes I was mistakenly using 64 bit version.

Now I'm getting (0xc000007b) error code trying to run fresh install of 32bit Max 2012. I've had this before and was never able to fix it other than a reformat. So any ideas here would be useful too!
    I've tried a few google suggestions but no luck yet.

11. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

you have tried deleting D3DX9_43.dll in system32 And reintall directx

12. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

If that doesn't work try Command Prompt and press enter> In the Command Prompt type in chkdsk C: /R and press enter. Check Disk will try and fix any file errors.

NOTE this has to be done in elevated mode. To do that you need to run CMD as administrator

7b is usually the hard drive

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2016
  13. djbob

djbob Registered

Thanks but neither worked.

Hard disk seems fine, I have had this problem a few times over the years, on different computers, but never worked out what it was just ended up reformatting but for a few reasons I can't do that this time.

14. djbob

djbob Registered

Tried everything I could find, and more.. nothing worked.
    The problem was created when I installed the x64 version by mistake, then installed the x32 version - some files were corrupted somewhere in the microsoft redistributables - removing them and reinstalling did not seem to fix the problem but everything pointed there. Eventually I system restored to before I installed the x64 version and so now Max 2012 x32 works ok (after installing it again).

So moral of the story - be careful when installing (or at least keep regular restore points)!