3d vision nvidia not active in BETA Steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jérôme, May 19, 2017.

1. Jérôme

Jérôme Registered

Hello all,

After the installation of Rfactor2 of the beta version in steam (DX11 ), the game does not active the display in 3d vision nvidia. Furthermore, I find that the game is less beautiful than dx9, the edge of objects in the cockpit generally is very pixelised with regard to compared with before!

Thanks for help , any ideas ??

2. T.Hartmann

T.Hartmann Registered

Do you activate aa in launcher? Level 3 is less hungry and will look fine. Dont know about your nvidia prob.
    Greets

3. Jérôme

Jérôme Registered

Thanks Hartmann for response !! I have up the quality from my graphic card and the graphics rfactor2 is better !

I have now a big problem with steam ! The Beta version from rfactor 2 when update the game bug !! Update game make pause !!! i can't update the game at the new Beta version ( Une erreur est survenue lors de la mise à jour de rfactor 2 (privilèges d'accès aux fichiers insuffisants )

I have changed the world server region and flusch the cache , shutdown the computer , all this thinks not resolve my problem !!

Thanks for many ideas all

4. T.Hartmann

T.Hartmann Registered

Youre welcome ;)

"have up the quality from my graphic card and the graphics rfactor2 is better ! "

- I didnt screw something @ the nvidia panel causing of bad frames. 5760x1080 + multiview is hard to handle. which fx do you use from nvdia panel?

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  5. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

3D Vision runs just fine on my passive 3D monitor (see sig) and the recent updates led to a performance boost that lets me play with max details settings and constant 60fps with only occasional drops slightly below 60.

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Nvidia 3D vision does not work with multiview. :(

7. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Oh. I didn't know that.

I presume you have it setup as independant displays, but did you try it in "stretched desktop" mode ?

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Now I have and also with single screen.
    3D Vision seem not to work in rF2 but works with other games, it is not user issue but of course it can be Nvidia 1080Ti issue like: "[TITAN X][3D Vision][Windows 10 Creator’s Update]: The Windows Store does not open when 3D Vision is enabled. [1906805]" which is fixed in Version 382.33 which I am using.

9. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

I'm using the same driver on Win10x64 with creator's update on a single screen (see sig) and 3D Vision runs just fine with rF2 on my end.

Maybe, it's because I use a passive 3D display ?

10. Harmermania

Harmermania Registered

Ari,
    3d Vision is working for me with multiview. But it wasn't before. It seems to sometimes work and then, sometimes not, for me.

11. Jérôme

Jérôme Registered

I have not resolved my problem installing rfactor 2 Beta dx11.
    After a long time and hard working, i re-install the dx 9 version (not Beta )

For make this i found to stopped the 3d vision on the nvidia panel was positive for me !
    I wait now for a dx11 stable version and test the 3d vision nvidia on this version from rfactor2.

12. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Dunno, but maybe S397 has to send a recent version of the executable to nVidia, so that they could add proper support for it ?

13. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

I've encountered same trouble and I still encounter some. When starting the game from the launcher, 3d vision did not start.
    To make it working :
    Last Nvidia drivers.
    Graphic settings : 120 Hz and Fullscreen Mode.
    In Nvidia Inspector (you have to download it), I reassign rfactor2.exe to its profil after each game update.
    Every time I want to launch the game with 3D vision working, I go to Nvidia control panel ==> stereoscopic settings tab ==> 3D stereoscopic tests and I run the test to "activate" 3D and just after I can launch rfactor2 in 3D.
    Be careful : I have to close all other Windows app or at least reduce them to have only the rFactor2 launcher visible on my desktop. For instance, If I leave visible the small T500RS config panel on my desktop, the game won't launch in 3D...
    I know my explanation is far from being very rigorous, but it works for me so far.
    upload_2017-6-10_16-33-17.png

14. Harmermania

Harmermania Registered

Thanks for the tip about closing all other windows (including steam). That seems to have solved it for me.

15. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Cool ! Glad to have helped you :).