382 is the most unstable build in a long time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Jan 13, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I been telling them that for 2 years, Tim at the time acknowledged he had not heard of it.

How many people you think tried it on my say so. ? lol :)

Without doubt makes it smoother for my system and you can forget Alt+Tab forever

Zzzzzz

2. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

yo Durge! Welcome back mate.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Not for long if cry babies have anything to do with it mate.

I can't fart without being reported.

4. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Thug life. I just reported you lol

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

And he's back

6. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Lets make Durge being banned again in one day lololool

7. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

which you cant turn off server side only client side...so now we have some drivers with it on and some with it off which results in some people saying cars are looking like they are all over the place and some not having the issues etc etc

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Can you please take this to another thread? We have actually reported a lot of issues and caught the attention of at least 1 ISI team member. If you don't have anything to add (yes, adding that you have no probs is helpful and please keep posting if the build has been fine for you) then please stop the arguing. By discussing these issues maybe we can do something positive and find the issue. I think it is apparent that there is some sort of issue with this build so let's find.

Is the problem with the update service (if reinstalling clean is the solution than that has to be the problem) or with the new collision model or soft particles?

9. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Hi Guybo,

I will take your post as it was for me because it seems a lot suited.

As i said before, not with all words because it is not that simple to me, that we already have threads created with that purpose: report issues and commenting on the released build. One is sticked on this part of this forum and another just for issues of the new build, which they call technical for some reason.

Which you call "at least 1 ISI team member" is, to me (<-just making clear that is my opinion), the whole ISI team on forum trying to organize things since it seems, or it is clear enough he doesn´t belong to the development of the software. I will not count the smart asses from ISI who post here from time to time with smart asses responses and go away.

What i tried in the most polite way i can, was showing which i consider the appropriated place and where these issues are already being discussed. First using sacarsm (maybe for using the word "bashing" in wrong way i passed the wrong impression) then pointing links to the already created thread and the technical section just to not see double threads since i try to read a lot in english and usually read topics not even related to my concerns.

But if the guy in charge for that matters is OK with it, who am i to say the opposite? As i said in some where here in this forum, i´m far to be a rf2 fanboy but i´m not a douchebag who beats another peoples work for no reason. And to be sincere, 2 years later, there are few reasons to do it (but some ones extremely irritating - like Tim Weathley being almost the only one with a constant forum presence, the UI, multiview, constantly increase hardware demands which never was the recommended).

ps: proudly, i didn´t use google translator to text this (some people should think i must use it all the time or not try to speak in another language but, sadly, i like to try).

Tried hard to be polite in here not because i´m an "unpolite" person but i know sometimes i choose wrong words or just not know how to express in right way.

So, if anyone get butt hurt with anything i said in this post, feel free to talk to the manager. He knows what to do and i don´t give a damn about it.

ps2: proudly not using google translator, but editing like hell every time a re-read.

ps3: jesus christ, the editing never ends
    enough editing, im starting to loose focus

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
  10. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Don't get too loud about describing the ISI teams flaws or lackings :) You'll just get reported :O

12. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Are you familiar with expression: "architect of his own demise"? ;)

13. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Don't get bitter Jerry, we know by now where that leads to, there's no point.

Just race more, its the perfect cure for all things buggy in rf2 :)

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Most developer forums would have banned you by now btw. It's funny how iR and ISI put up with alot of crap on their forums, must be an American thing.

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Posts like those don't really take much attention away. It's unfortunate for those who post like it a lot, actually, because when reading you often skip their posts expecting them to be this kind of stuff.

16. 88mphTim

Posts Jamie onto the forum run by a British guy. ;)

17. 88mphTim

All that happened was that you were informed that you did not express in the right way.

As with many things, it is easy to take anything personally. Everybody does it, I do it. But sometimes if someone replies to you just to say to lighten up, or even said in any other way, maybe just doing as you're being asked or trying to learn from what is said, will sort out the problem.

Your posts don't bother me in the slightest, if I am perfectly honest with you, but they do bother others in the community.

18. 88mphTim

Backtrack, for me. What are you saying reinstalling does for you?

19. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Ok Tim. Just to you have a glimpse how hard is to me to discuss anything more seriously, just look the time i´ve posted that wall text and my last editing. Almost 50 min trying to explain something simple. Imagine when i have doubts about technical things and tries to use personal experiences on that. It is a freakin hell.

You summarize your answer good. Thanks for understanding.
    I will change my attitude from now on because i know you still have to deal with who is bothered asking for some kind of action. It sucks. Looks like a kindergarten. And i know it is a reaction to how i manage things. Message received and understand.

@Dentsijiro
    Soon...

@all others

20. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered