382 is the most unstable build in a long time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

id agree with you Marc except they released an "unstable release" of this build...problems were reported and they then released it anyway as a "stable release" without changing anything in the release notes...and whats the beta testing team doing to not find these bugs...they should all be sacked :eek:

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

look at it the other way, they fixed the unstable issues and forgot to update the changelog ;)

fact is if this build were rubbish then you'd see thread after thread for the last three weeks, plenty of time for people to report issues but it's only a minority right now. Again proof in this thread that it's working fine for some, as guy says maybe it's an Update issue so hopefully ISI can help those affected.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Actually the beta team did find a LOT of issues with this build (I am not a beta tester, I have heard from someone who heard from someone) but it was pushed out anyway and the beta team was kind of ignored, from what I understand. That's why the issues with this build are so glaring.

How many people get that bug where the game CTD's when you exit out of the game? You get to the desktop and get an error message? That's sloppy and that error message causes a problem for me as sometimes the game locks up at the desktop. Name one other major release that does this?

4. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

How long do you need the list to be?

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Imo releasing an unstable release for only two or three days before releasing the stable one is a joke and a lack of respect to the ones that downloaded it for testing. I didnt even have time to try it at that moment. One of the comparisons above is pretty clear. A machine 8GB RAM was struggling while the 16GB ones ran pretty well. The 4GB recommended value should be the minimum and 16 gb directly the recommended value. For GPU I guess 3GB will do. For sure there are no universal values. But when doing a hardware recommendation needs to be treated that way in ordee to keep it simple and understandable for everybody.

enviado mediante tapatalk

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Mileage may vary as said somewhere: apart a small flashing texture issue on some non-ISI tracks this build is rock solid on my computer, and if I was from the beta testing team I will have gave my greenlight for sure. Never had a CTD or any error message during or when leaving the sim. 9GB RAM and 2GB VRAM. According all reports above some weird bugs are inside the code, but so far I'm lucky with my configurations.

7. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I think that few people realize that the game auto-adjusts a lot of stuff according to your PC specs without telling you. I doubt they'll talk about it more than Tim has, but it surely creates problems with flickering and stutters.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

lol yeah I heard from someone who heard from someone else who heard from their mates pet dog that the build was stable prior to release!

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

This build ( & issues ) have only done one thing for me & that is made me reflect on overall lack of progress.
    My high hopes are slowly evaporating sadly.

Rf2 is doing a great job at the moment at promoting other sims!

I wonder how many hours work this build actually took in man hours? .....6hrs ?
    (Changes/updates from previous build),

has ISI gave up on rf2 ?

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I heard from someone who heard from someone else who heard from their mates that build 382 took only 20 min, god help me topic`s here is like,
    when an accident occurs at sea everybody on land know how to advise.

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Sadly, the recent issues are making me think about what other options there may be. ATM there aren't really any other than go back to older sims.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya

I've always liked to have 2 to 3 good sims, right now I have

Rf2/iracing/AC

iracing is what I'm using right now I'm doing the skip barber series -excellent well polished sim but lack the dynamic features of rf2 & although the latest tire model is brilliant I think overall there is a slightly better "feel" from some of the better rf2 sim cars ( ffb is brill in rf2 ),
    However it seems nicely polished & optimised ( it runs well over 121fps with other cars in view etc -I cap fps at 121)
    Of course there is on going costs involved. My friends are very active on Iracing too
    (tried to get them over to rf2 & a couple brought it but they don't bother with it now -they simply will not fiddle with the malfunctioning updater or put up with bad fps to them it's just a joke sadly it sounds harsh but I can understand their viewpoint
    ..... I keep quiet about recommendations now )

AC -I'm still not sure about this title, it's still early days but (based on last few updates) progress seems good and like Iracing it runs nicely ( I cap at 200fps ) , I'm keeping an eye on this title, they seem to have a high standard in the optimisation dept too. I have a horrible feeling that the modders will be all over this title thus reducing interest in rf2. I downloaded the first ( & only ) modded track that's some one has converted from RBR without the mod tools yet to be released (hill climb) I thought it was going to be terrible ( looks and performance) as it was the first one but it looks fantastic and runs rock solid at the capped 200fps on my PC.

Rf2 -some car/track combos are truly excellent but overall the software seems shoddy with no thought to giving it a
    modern/optimised look/feel,put in to the mix lack of progress with the thought of things progressing on as they have been over the last few years and I'm starting to become very put off, sadly as I wanted rf2 to turn into my main sim
    ( with rf2 I struggle to keep at 90fps which is where I cap but fps is up & down)

Can't have everything in a sim each has strengths & weakness's but I'm feeling (after much patience) overall as a package past & (if the past is a gauge ) future Rf2 is falling below par

I'm maybe going to get accused of "bashing" or "trolling" for writing these things

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
  13. Galaga

Galaga Banned

i just can't drive anything other than rf2. i keep deluding myself such as when I reinstalled rf1 for the latest historix release but i just can't do it. rf2 is just too good. i keep telling myself that i don't have to save all those old install cds but then i panick when i see something new and also can't trust myself because my experience is often influenced but my mood so i keep reinstalling old sw (i also reinstall rbr for rsrbr 2014 and now can't even run that). i might try joux plane mod for ac but if i do it will be a waste of time or if i just have some extra time on my hands and have already gotten my rf2 on for the day.

one thing i have definitely found is my experience has improved greatly and i spend much more time driving when i just drive offline and also don't get greedy with hw and sw settings. for example, when my g27 dies i will probably buy another. triple screens? no. trackir? no. file editing? only the minimum like obvious AI changes needed. so far so good :)

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You know I think the only online change was the collision model. And you have an option to turn that off in multiplayer.ini (which will use the 342 model)...

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

What about the issues with the game CTD'ing or locking up because of smoke and dust? Also the CTD when exiting the game? The second issue seems to be very common- the majority of the people I have talked to have had this but usually it's not a big prob- a game you are exiting out of CTD's as you are exiting so who cares. The prob i have with that is that it has caused bigger issues for me when I get back to the desktop.

The collision model is one of the best things about Build 382! Ah well, can't win I guess. When the game did get running and we actually dropped the green flag, running wheel-to-wheel was awesome.

16. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

I think ISI did his best (or worst, it depends how you look) to release a new build before christmas and now is paying the price.

Lesson learned.

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Other CTD issues seem to be related to video memory and in some cases system RAM, which require lower settings. Are you aware of any other cause?

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

No, that's why I'm asking.

4GB VRAM

8GB system RAM

I'd think those would be sufficient. I've had better luck with low rather than high or off Soft Particles but I don't have any numbers to back that up.

19. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Software development is never a perfect science and it seems to me some people are rather naive to that point. Yes there are issues, but generally many benefits in this build. Stay calm and rest assured the general thrust of improvement is upward.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Don't worry about them Luis all hot air mate

They are experts , you and me are to be seen and not heard .

He finds you insulting ..................hahahahahaha

;)

Only CTD I get in last 3/4 weeks is LiveTiming and or other NRT Servers.

My dedicated room runs all day no crashes.

Go Figure.

So may be you should be whinging at NRT, go tell them they

How do I get banned for a month ? ...............Oh that is right, calling the people that continually whinge about every little thing in every last build for the last 2 years IDIOTS.

lol