382 is the most unstable build in a long time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Jan 13, 2014.

1. cubbi

cubbi Registered

Thanks, seems to work!

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

they cant delay Builds for everyone, if it was stable in their eyes then that's fine with me as I'd rather go with that than have to wait months and months whilst ISI test everyones machine before releasing a Build....oh wait they cant can they!
    Just because you seem to be having problems does'nt mean ISI should bow down and wait, maybe it's something your end? I might not be, it might well be the Build at fault but dont you think everyone would be having problems if that were the case?
    Think about it.

3. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

This could be easily solved if it was possible to do a "rollback to previous build" button if your system is running with problems with new builds.
    But doing this will ruin the purpose of beta software being tested and discovery new bugs.
    Otherwise, ISI says that we are not in beta anymore (my year subscription should ends at June - with the extra 6 months for being here from the beginning).

I´m confused and insecure now. Honda Civic videos posted by Esteve Rueda ruined my belief system.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Our server is giving errors now, 'out of memory' and it refuses to start the dedicated. on all our profiles and also when using Host on the rf2 front panel.
    same with mod manager.
    rebooted the box, still no go.

we ran a 4 week series with no problems until today.

any advise?

5. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Yes.

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

If I was the only one, this would be true. This is an observation from many people I race with as well.

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I have been experimenting random cpu problems lately. Before i never had cpu bar to maximum. Now I do. Today (online) and one week ago (offline) rf2 would not work properly. The car would move slowly although the speed indicator would show a normal speed at the hud. Other cars would pass me like lightnings. It seems that the pc cannot do all its calculations at the correct speed.

enviado mediante tapatalk

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You seem to be the guy with an answer to all the topics on ISI forums. I find answers like this insulting, childish and aggravating. We all agree that there are bugs in the latest build, 382. What have you done to solve the problems with build 382? Are you sure that our problem is rFactor2 and not any other PC related issue? Have you ever clean your computer, that including registry files etc? Perhaps you are waiting for ISI to make an application, software or a mixture to cure all problems? We all know Windows still has its problems even after hundreds of updates, such as empty folder and files that should be deleted once in a while.

9. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Windows is not the problem, this build is for sure Ari...
    At the build 382 thread it was said that soon just a NASA computer would run rF2...well, some guys at the league I race in have CERN rigs and they are having the same or worse issues...
    ...so that "upgrade your rig" answer will not work either...maybe we should all switch to Asseto???

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I find it funny that my PC works fine after I made clean install of rFactor2 and clean my OS.
    3 monitor setup stabil 120 fps :)

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Well, if doing a re-install because the issue is with updating your build instead of doing a clean install everytime, then the issue is with the updater isn't it? That stands to reason. So the issue is without a doubt with this build of the game.

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes build 382 has bugs and high CPU and Memory Usage to high if you ask from me and you must have top of the line PC to play rFactor2 build 382 smooth.:mad:

13. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Well done. You hurt my feelings.

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You are right about pc you can judge self :(
    I own 3 game rigs.

Mbo Asus Formula IV, AMD 6 core 3.2GHz CPU, 8GB RAM, 480GTX SLI,
    5760 x 1080 3 x BenQ XL2420TX, Build 382 25-40 FPS and many CTD

Mbo Asus Formula V Thunderbolt, AMD FM 8 Core 3,6 GHz, 16GB RAM,
    Matrix 580GTX SLI, 5760 x 1080 3 x BenQ XL2420TX, Build 382 60-70 FPS,
    No CTD

Mbo ASRock Z87 OC Formula, i7 4,5 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 780GTX SLI,
    5760 x 1080 3 x BenQ XL2420TX, Build 382, 120 FPS,
    No CTD

I think I need to build one more when final release, hehe

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I'm pretty sure it has to do with soft particles. I often get CTD when I make smoke. If i doa donut or spin out and make a lot of smoke, a CTD is imminent.

16. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Around US$ 4,000 is the price in Brazil for your "third" rig , Ari...
    ...let me see...how many coins I have in my pocket...$0.10...$0.20....:rolleyes:

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
  18. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Something I found today, works like a charm for me. I can now run on Silverstone in the Civics with 12+ on med settings.
    I have an e6750 with 4 gigs of ram running 32 bit Win 7 Ultimate...

"The 3Gb switch is often used to fix memory problems in 32bit windows environments (increases the program memory allocation).

Enable the 3GB switch on Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32-bit)
    • Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
    • At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072"
    • Restart the computer.

Disable the 3GB switch on Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32-bit)
    • Right-click on Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
    • At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa"
    • Restart the computer."

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I tried the meditation thing. Took me an hour to get back up. That didn't do much.

Then I reinstalled one installation of rF2 (I have one for various mods and goofing around and pubby racing, one for BES and GP79) and cleaned up the other (deleted CBASH files, shaders, .PLR and all the other various crud that accumulated in that folder), uninstalled some UI and garage mods I had. I did Dave's 3GB switch thing (hey I didn't brick my system either!) and I'm hoping this all solves the issue. I shouldn't have to do all this crap, but if it solves the problem, I'm fine with it. 2 years in, the game should be more stable than this and updating should not require a reinstall.

20. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Running 4 Servers on one PC has been up 24/7 since the 382 build release with no issues at all.
    We have reset PC once for some other updates to the TS server and Arma III server that also run on it..

Been stable and fine, yes RF2 seems to use more CPU time than previous builds, but hasnt caused a problem yet.