370Z Flipping over, physics issue??

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Rony1984, May 19, 2012.

1. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi Devs and joint Rf2 players,

Very recently I posted in the Modding thread about the Maserati GT lifting both wheels of one side during cornering, and wondered about this behaviour.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/5080-Maserati-Trofeo-GranTurismo-MC-Series/page8

I eventually posted it there as it concerned an additional mod. This time however it concerns basic content. When finishing an online race earlier today, I decided to try a 360 or whatever at start/finish. When doing so the car promptly lifted its side and flipped over several times, an athlete couldnt have done any better.. As already mentioned in my previous post about the lifting wheels, it feels like a very high COF or very low rollcenter that makes the car flip. Also the motion is very abrupt, meaning that it feels as if the tyres settle into the road like a pole-jumper would stick his pole into the socket. This makes me think that maybe somehow the lateral grip of the tyres rises skyhigh at such an instant, acting as the socket from the example. Now I know of certain road cars performing this behaviour, like jeeps and stuff, due to a to high COF in combination with too sticky tires. But for cars like the maserati and the 370Z to act like this seems very unlikely to me.

Could somebody please provide some info on the possible causes of this behaviour, because I am afraid it might be some physics issue? Many thanks!!

Greets,

R

View attachment 2426 View attachment 2427 View attachment 2428 View attachment 2429 View attachment 2430 View attachment 2429

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

TGM is not finished yet. If the suspension geometry is OK, then I'd say it is strictly because of tyre parameters or something unfinished yet in the TGM. I think tyre temp still doesn't have any effect on grip in the TGM, so I guess that might be reason.