2nd GT3 pak, we should have known!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Jan 1, 2019.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I watched the opening laps of this past summer's Adac Rennen 24hr Nurburgring. Just based on the first group of cars we could have accurately predicted 3 of the 5 GT3. Once S397 announced a laser scanned Nurb, we should have opened up the entry list for the 24hr event. Audi, BMW, Porsche (mainly Porsche at the tip) filled the top ten. The 720S was too new, as is the someday Aston.
    What surprised me when watching the replay, was the absolute disregard for the SCG Glickenhaus. Early in the event it was the last car holding onto the leading pack of 10. Yet the crawler never listed it as an entrant and the announcers had Glick-Blinders on. I'm assuming it's a special entrant that doesn't conform to the GT3 class rules even though it was clearly barely on pace in the BOP form. There is a video on Youtube of the restricted Glick completing a lap that would make darn near every car in world (except Porsche's EVO) crap their pants.
    I think ACC has the Glickenhaus SCG-001 but it would be cool to get the GT3 balanced car into rF2.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Mhites likes this.
  2. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I agree, however I wonder whether it would be a bit like the Radical - unloved except by folks who know how to drive it?

3. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

The Glickenhaus is in the standard Assetto Corsa. It will not be in ACC as it is not a fully GT3 homologated and it wasn't part of the Blancpain/SRO Series. The Nurburgring 24 isn't part of the Blancpain/SRO series. I'm not sure if the Glickenhaus raced in the VLN, but that isn't SRO either.

bhendrik likes this.
  4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

5. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

Hi Guys,

the Glickenhaus SCG 003 wasn't an integral part of any series. Normally the team starts to the 24H NBR and to the VLN races before the 24H as prep run. I think this year we will see the brandnew SCG 004 GT3 at the 2nd or 3rd VLN race. The exotic car was not listed in the same class like the other GT3 cars (SP9 Pro). It starts in a special class for prototypes and preseason test cars (SPX). Even if they start according to GT3 regulations, they profit from a few more open rules and can therefore drive faster lap times. But the BOP compensates for this again, e.g. by a smaller tank volume.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019