24H la Sarthe 2015 and rf2 bugs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Descoat, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I've gone many many years without Alt+Tab issues unless I have plugins installed which have DirectX proxies or simply have a buggy car (For example pre-2.0 HistorX). But I've got my stepkids here for the summer and they manage to cause rF2 to lose focus several times a day (I think by hitting the Windows key when grabbing the keyboard) and I have to come in and kill rF2 with taskman so they can get back to playing. So I know rF2 has problems regaining focus. I don't have any plugins installed and the only content I have installed is VEC content. But this is clearly a difficult problem to solve because there are tons of games that don't regain focus very well.

If you want to break something.... give it to a bunch of kids. hahaha

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Yeah the VLM Le Mans track doesn't like GTX9xx series I suppose, because that was what my earlier mentioned team mate was using. And if Descoat is on a 980... then that's probably the problem here?

3. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

Thats the best workaround Ive found too.
    ------------

The windowed mode workaround is not that great because desktop has v-sync on.
    In Win7 its easy to turn Aero off. With Win8/10 there are some drawbacks related to DWM.

4. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I will definitely try Alt Esc.

Thanks for the tip.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

5. Descoat

Descoat Registered

As I said, no plugins were installed. Fresh installation.
    Several times, I have tried ALT + ESC in ISI servers working fine in 980 build.

6. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

In addition, there's something obviously wrong with Le Mans 1991-1996 track, it causes crashes in a lot of users, mostly Nvidia 9** GTX.

I got rid of any video driver crashes in all tracks except this one. The objects and textures in this track should be inspected and validated and the track re-exported and repacked.

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Then let the wife fix it :p.

8. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

"Last nvidia drivers" <- this actually WAS a problem, especially with 9xx series...

PCs are exactly that, personal(ized) computers - this mean that not ALL combinations of hardware, software, firmware, drivers, content and settings will work the same - and some will even cause errors and crashes. But to blindfolded point at RF2 on every occasion is simply ignorant.

9. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

I think there is numerous issues with that track, not just for certain nvidia cards or drivers. I like that track very much, but always lots of problems. Seems to be a bug magnet that track.

With URD and SCES Accura (I used Accura) there recently with the standard version of the track, bizzarre things happened when hitting a wall, a few different times at different places. Wall kind of grabbed the car which come to instant stand still on contact, then it just freaked out rattling forward and backwards in crazy style, I think the CPU shot through roof when this happens, for about 1 sec then CTD. Never had this any other time. Also, everytime i turned on headlights was good chance of ctd! I cannot say it was not the Accura but URD had many probems too. This on b946. Also numerous land mines. Tonnes of cars retired an awful lot cause of these things. Great shame esp for endurance boys.

I have seen 'Le mans beta' on some private servers for quite some time, hopefully a new or fixed up le mans is on the cards!.

10. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi all.
    I've been race admin every two weeks for years (from rF1).
    And sometimes i've to access the dedicated during Qualifying or Warmup.
    I've always avoided the "Alt+Tab" issue playing in windowed mode.
    It has worked fine for me until the 930 build.
    Since then, i have to use two computers, one using the dedicated server from the remote desktop and another one with the rF2.
    I don't have installed anything in this computer apart from the rF2 and obviously SO (W7)and drivers.
    I only use two plugins Motec plugin and the Delta best plugin.
    We had to stop using the 946 build because the problem related by Descoat. 4 drivers of our championship had this problem.
    I know that two of them have the computer clean, without any program instaled, as mine.

11. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

12. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I'm back, reporting that at least for my case, I had forgot to enable Windowed mode in a new install of rF2, so all is well then. No ALT-TAB problems.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

..........3 2 1

now breathe. lool

I was the one years ago found FSW worked well multi tasking

You are the ones still going on about it not me.

You say you can mutli task "sometimes" using ALT-TAB ..........well ain't that just great.

I don't use it and I have flawless multi tasking all day every day using FSW mode.

lol and I am the one can't be objective.

People won't even try it because of comments like yours. ( I was the one found this worked 100%" for me" many years ago )

At the time I said I do not know if it works on 3 screens or 2560 or 144Hz or Vsync ON ... BUT ....... I wanted people to test for others.

All people like you do is fob me off for 3 years, add nothing productive, don't even test it.

Stick with your ALT-TAB out of sheer stubbornness and conceit :cool: see if I give a flying moo cow.........