218 - Can't turn off Real Road?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marc Collins, Jun 2, 2013.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

can you explain a little more please as I haven't seen any changes to real road, nothing in the changelog either that I can see, thanks.

2. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Are we going to get oil and water from damaged cars making the track slippery at some point ? and running of line to find a less rubbered in grippier line on a wet track would be a nice feature .

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This would be pretty easy for them to do, right now there's a GrooveEffects entry in the tyre files that affects the grip increase on various levels of rubber; all they need to do is add a WetGrooveEffects, interpolate between the two values based on current grip and wetness, and we're done. One of the lines we're waiting for.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Hmmm, hope I am not going crazy, but when I first installed 228, there was an additional (4th) option under RealRoad. Now it is gone!?!?!

I now can't remember exactly what it was called, but it was "a typical amount of rubber" that you could lock-in as someone above had requested.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

not seen that myself, if you find it do tell!

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well if you're going crazy Marc I'm coming with you, because I've also seen a "Lightly rubbered" option but bringing up the dedi on my local install it's not there. Hmm... :confused:

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

some ISI tracks have pre determined light rubbered option but that's been there since 218 or before, so that's not new.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That may be it. I didn't make a habit of looking at those options every time there was a new build. As soon as i determined it was still set to 10x (or something similar) normal rate, I just ignored it and hoped the next version would be realistic/have a slider control.