21:9 Widescreen - distorted image

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Beef36, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Beef36

Beef36 Registered

I launched rF2 for first time in years as the DX11 came out of Beta.

I run 3 * Acer Predators Z-35 monitors (7680*1080) in 21:9 and the rF2 image is a bit squashed from top to bottom (i.e. the cars, tracks etc all look a bit squatter than they should).

I have enabled MultiView and tried adjusting Vertical FoV but that didn't seem to do anything. Does anyone know if rF2 supports 21:9 and how I can adjust my distorted image?

Cheers

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

You can't use the Vert FoV adjustment with Multiview on.
    When you're in-game, jump in the car then press CTRL + = ( I think that's it) and the triple monitor setup tool appears.
    Put in the measurements, monitor size, angle, distance from eyes and see if that is better.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sounds like the overall image size is incorrect (or being cropped) somehow. FOV and the like shouldn't squash the picture (or correct it), so something is off.

4. Beef36

Beef36 Registered

Wow! I've never seen that rF2 Triple Screen Monitor adjustment tool (Control and =) before. Once you work out how to use it, it's really simple to adjust the FoV to whatever you want and fixed my issues.

This in-built FoV tool needs to be a much more obvious settings option in the menu. If I knew this existed earlier I would have played rF2 more over the last few years.

Cheers

ADSTA likes this.