2023 roadmap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AlexHeuskat, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Binny

Binny Guest

Well please tell us all what you think, you are never short of a comment.
    Trying to make it fit what a load of bullshit, its the same old answer with you ppl say they would like to see an improvement and you turn it back on to them.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

We all want improvements, and content. I've love more performance. I just don't see how that would be seen as something forever changing rF2. It's not that kind of 'feature'.

Sorry for commenting. I don't speculate much, too, sorry.

r00b Driver likes this.
  3. Binny

Binny Guest

i dont want you to not comment.
    Lets wait and see what their version of never the same is.
    "What i want" is optimisation better performance, you can fix things, add things, introduce new things, but eventually you have to optimise to give the best impression to new and old users coming back.
    I read everywhere its hard to set up, its no good out of the box, other sims are much easier.

4. Bernat

Bernat Registered

The only problem I see in the setup is the download and installation of content through Steam. I think this has improved already but some new users don't understand that the game installation doesn't include content installation. The handling of content is something you have to get used to. Flexibility means also some more complexity.

They also bring some habits from other games. The question I've read the most from new users is "where can I find some good FFB settings for my wheel?". And then they open json files and change settings following some old post on internet because they think it's needed for good FFB.

Binny likes this.
  5. Terence

Terence Registered

I would like to have a roadmap for 2023 too. Or at least a planned roadmap. We all know, that sometimes things need more time than originally planned. I don´t really understand the constant announcements and hints like "something big is coming" or "will never be the same again". In the whole industry. Why nobody speaks plaintext?
    2022 was definitely a good year for rf2. It´s getting better and better. But it´s not a secret that rf2 has some big drawbacks, compared to other sims. Mostly of them are bugs and missing core features. RF2 is imo still the king in terms of physics and realism to the real cars. But the gap is much closer than it was the last couple of years. The pace of development in RF2 is, to be clear, slow. Of course this is the case because of the small team and the limited budget. That´s understandable. That´s and (only my personal opinion!) some wrong decisions throwing RF2 further back compared to others. For example I mean this stupid e-cars, eating resources, bind programmers, coders and graphics stuff for zero output. Or at least I don´t even know one guy in my surroundings driving this cars or have any interest in watching a race in real life. Or focus on things like photo mode and screenshot stuff,... It´s a racing sim and not a screenshot simulator. There are so many construction sites that needs to be addressed first...
    I´m getting a little bit worried about the future of this great sim. There are some rumors about MSG, that they are financialy in the toilet. That some stuff members of Studio397 left (as they said "sinking boat"). One guy (working for 5 years for studio397) claims that most of the time and efford spent on things that didn´t fix the core issues. Iracing hired many programmers and coders, also a guy coming from RF1 and RF2 to further develop their tire model. Now they are getting rain, presumably with the most advanced rain physics currently in any sim. They have the best money making business model and can afford all the development. So which monopoly remains RF2 in a year? The gap is closing and we are getting some other sims this or next year too. Rennsport or Assetto Corsa 2. Maybe these are also hard competitors for e-sports. At least they aiming for it. I´m happy with every competitor and sim out there because it´s good for us simracers. But this is also the reason, why I´m worried about RF2. And I fear if they can´t hold the pace and begin to deliver what´s needed to get back the player base, RF2 will die sooner or later.
    So why not talking, what´s planned and gain the interest of the simracers out there, the youtubers and the press? Bring back the people and show them why RF2 is called the only real simulator? This secrecy is not beneficial...-for nobody.
    What do you think? Will RF2 still be the king in 2024?

Binny likes this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

We all should remember WHY the roadmaps were discontinued. Whatever feature, content, bugfix was announced, there were always plenty of users carping(whinging)(whining)(pissing & moaning) about some other feature, content or bugfix that was overlooked or some deadline that was missed. What devs hoped to be a tool to announce positivity became some of the darkest threads here. I wouldn't, if I were S397, even attempt another roadmap ever. We, as users in general who were LESS than polite, don't deserve one.(and that, unfortunately, affects the many MANY users who did not partake in the rancor.)

Binny, r00b Driver, Spyro and 4 others like this.
  7. Binny

Binny Guest

^^ Marrs actually thought they were a good thing keeping the community the users involved, not like it is now.
    I have to agree with him, you will never make everyone happy will get good and bad feedback.
    As for the forum it can be toxic like discord, but if they had decent moderators posts and ppl would get bans.
    Does Marrs even post anywhere now maybe a reason for that ? Considering he put his heart and soul into rf2 loves sim racing, I find it very strange myself.