[REL] 2019 Indycar Series - Post 195 update

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Coutie, Jan 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You are making the accusation, it's you that have have to elaborate and show proof.

VirusGR42 and Daniele Vidimari like this.
  2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

That what UsedMomo spreads here, is called fake news, that are very popular nowadays.

3. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Registered

397 did an epic job on sebring so i got no idea what trash you are spreading dude

4. Ricarsa

Ricarsa Registered

Hehe, I promise it was no trickery when I had to pull the link of my fixed beta version. The developers asked me kindly to pull it because they said they were about to release it several months ago.

Anyways, I love playing it and recommend the developers release it as a beta version only at this stage because it's good enough to race with.

rubennaatje, ede78 and Corti like this.
  5. Schigera

Schigera Registered

Is this mod officially canceled? I've been following it for a while and I'm eager to try it out! There was another IR-18 mod that has been canceled and I hope this one isn't too. :(

6. Nabil El Khaldi

Nabil El Khaldi Registered

Don't know mate, I didn't understand the story of the development, maybe S397 is is working on the IndyCar IR18 chassis or another thing
    I' m little a bit confused

7. Bjay_23

Bjay_23 Registered

Will there ever be news about the mod? If you don`t release the mod soon not many people will care about it if it will still be the car of 2018 because then the new season of Indycar has already started...

8. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Well, if I just re-name it to 2019 Indycar Series, maybe people will still care. But no, I have no news.

rubennaatje likes this.
  9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

lol you know current car is going to stay till at least 2021~23, right? Except for minor changes to fix the downforce loss on superspeedways dont expect any drastic change

rubennaatje likes this.
  10. Tobias Pitzer

Tobias Pitzer Registered

Since I can be glad that I was able to download the IndyCar 2018 Mod some time ago at Racedeparment. However, I do not understand why it was first available, then disappeared, and then some time was available again. Now she finally seems to be gone. Is a little confusing the whole.

11. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Quick follow up of what I have been able to piece together.

Coutie releases a beta on Steam. It stays up for a few days/day, then gets taken down. No other uploads have been allowed. A person uploads it to RD, with out Coutie's permission, and then that was taken down as that guy was not the original author.

So far no official news from Coutie on if it's being worked on, if it will be something official, or if it will ever be out at all. I really hope it will be. It was a great start.

12. Nabil El Khaldi

Damn, didn't know that, sorry Coutie

But mate, you can still working on it, I know that guy stealed your work, it makes me angry also, but man, we still believe in you mate.

There's also a IndyCar 2018 mod for rF2 with the official body (IR18). But you need to pay (like 7€ or something like that)

13. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

If it is the paid one I am thinking of, that is a rip from the rF1 mod. That site is horrible as they steal from legit modders, up the mod up on a pay wall and don't give anything back to the original modder. They are usually half assed conversions on top of it. There is a whole thread on F1Classics about the AC mods they rip

ApexModding likes this.
  14. Nabil El Khaldi

This one

https://www.assettocorsamods.org/product/rfactor-2-indy-2018-mod/

It costs 7,99€, but I prefer free mods.

15. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

this is all stolen stuff, I can see also some work from me, like the F1 1971 Mod

16. Tobias Pitzer

Tobias Pitzer Registered

Yesterday I wrote with Coutie in Discord. It did not bother him that the IndyCar 2018 will be used, but that it was re-uploaded without his permission. This is of course annoying. However, there was no indication that the upload was approved by Coutie, as far as I can remember. But apart from that, I have to agree with Chris Lesperance. Great work! It would of course be great if Coutie would continue working on the mod and make it available for download.

17. Williwood

Williwood Registered

I am new to RFactor and I would be very happy to see the Indycar 2018 series integrated. When there is a way to donate to say thank you please let me know. ;)

18. heisenberg70

heisenberg70 Registered

To be honest: thats the car that would be a huge enrichment for rF2 :) (for me!)
    I don' t like the ugly DW12.....:D

Williwood likes this.
  19. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Indycar could be massive for Rfactor 2, but as ever it would have huge competition from iRacing that has the oval market sown up. Without enough offical tracks and a proper competition/rating system I can't see it gaining enough traction. One for the future though maybe.

20. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I've started working on missing tracks. Only track we're missing really is Gateway, I think. Some tracks are old, but still useable.

GPNeville, Corti and TheMattyOnline like this.