Released 2015 Stock Cars Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 25, 2015.

1. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Having problems with the server too. It took many attempts to download. Now, I can race but I keep getting lag, stutters, or just simply booted off. On other servers I do not encounter these problems?

2. Emery

Emery Registered

ISI stockcar server was acting weird on Saturday for me. Think it was server3, the busy one on Saturday. There was even one point where many people experienced a long-term lockup while on Indianapolis, late Saturday afternoon or early evening USA west coast time. After about a minute, everything resumed... weirdest bit was everything came back at exactly the point we locked up rather than the typical warp effect.

The only correlation I could make for why people would end up sitting in purgatory rather than getting an active server session was number of players went over 20. Server would be in practice or qualify or warm-up, not race. I ended up in purgatory mid-morning and couldn't get a valid connection to that server until late afternoon or early evening.

3. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Do the AI have a higher speed when simply chasing them? Without bump drafting?

I had that feeling today but didn't watch the numbers... might be just me. But has anyone had the same feeling? @Jacksonville/plate racing...

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

When I click "race" the black download box appears instantly but nothing happens after that until it fails. It doesn't leave anything to my content folder because the download won't even start. I have tried to enter the ISI stock car servers numerous times, but the result is always the same. At the moment there are 3 ISI server. Out of those 3 I can only join GT server. That works as expected, I click race and it takes 2 secs to download rfmod and enter the car selection screen. This pisses me off because there aren't any logical explanation to this. Of course you all think that I do something wrong, but I can assure you that it's not me that is doing something wrong. I've been around since the beginning. Could be my system somehow, but then it's a problem where ISI should modify it's server, becuase I can't do nothing about it. Shouldn't be this hard, should it. There are always some mysteries around rf2.

5. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Hi Tig, i've shared the mod. Can you install this mod in single player? Just downloaded this from ISI MP server.

NSCRS15_150926.rar

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just had a great race online on the ISI server @ Mountain Peak, Ping was a little high for me (100ms thereabouts) as some cars were a bit warpy but overall it was great.

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I got in with that, but I was on the que list and couldn't drive. I don't have spectator mode on, I checked. I also heard a constant crash/car contact noise. There was another guy too who was on que list and was wondering the same thing. Would say this is some kind of a new bug what is happening only to some.

I'm also surprised that there are only one stock car server with enough (or any) drivers.

8. Gupster

Gupster Registered

At least we now know you can load the mod and get on a server (can't fully load into it.) I just joined in the queue of the ISI server and the folks who had left the race but were still in (AI) garages were floating above their stalls and making a terrible noise. After the race ended everyone in the server queue were able to join.
    Wish we could figure out what the problem is.
    When you install do you let it to the default directories or to a custom location AE C/rFactor2? I wonder if it's some write permission thing is why I ask that.

9. Gupster

Gupster Registered

You've turned these plugins on?

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Remember if you joined in qually and didn't set a time, you would have been knocked out in the next session.

BUT... I had a session where I was on the server, but it didn't load me officially....my name remained at the bottom with the server. Something broke in this build I think!

11. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Appened the same with me on saturday. I closed the game enterely, load again and everything went fine

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I just thought it was because the servers were getting hammered. As soon as many left, another lot came to replace them.

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Now I got in. But there was other problems too. Entire server had a massive lag/stutter which lasted for about 1 minute. During that time the game tried to kill my wheel and I couldn't escape to the pits because my car wasn't stopped. Many others besides me were experiencing this. It wasn't all bad because I managed to complete one 20 laps race in Mountain Peak Speedway (great oval btw)

14. guod

guod Registered

Next to the last screenshot on the page.

http://simhqmotorsports.com/rf2-stock-car-racing/

New build coming of the track in the next few days so I'll grab some new screenshots with the stock cars.

15. guod

guod Registered

There's a "new" track being developed with a different name, but the name fits well.
    The author is in here so he will announce it when he is ready.

16. guod

guod Registered

17. Flaux

Flaux Registered

OK maybe I have to learn something new here...

I checked my observations and here is the situation:

Jacksonville, 100% AI, 100% damage, 25 % aggression, AI Limited 5%, 20 AI

- The orange car was in front after the start, doing ~ 325kph (sry for the metric units, don't kill me for that. haha), others following in line
    - Then, orange car pulls to the bottom line loosing speed (why? I don't know really...) The brown car got into the lead then.
    - Even 5 laps later he did manage to push to over 330kph without slipstream, without bump drafting.
    - The orange car fell back to the end of the field.

That is just odd to me. Being in front means you are slower than the guys behind you in the slipstream. That's why Sprint Cup drivers do more than 80% rearview driving and only 20 % out the front at Dega and Daytona when at the sharp end of a group.

So, what is causing this? And can I get rid of it? Is it just AI parameters? or could it be wrong drag parameters in the physics? Or is it just me, missing anything important?

GRAB_004.JPG GRAB_005.JPG

18. Minibull

Minibull Member

There is the aero "shunt" from the cars behind, where the car infront will see a boost as it were. Could that be it?

19. hammer666

hammer666 Registered

Well, as one of those eurodoods that doesn't get oval racing, I'd have to say you've done a great job and I tried it out and actually had quite a bit of fun.
    Sprint races only, couldn't imagine doing it for hours. But still, definitely more interesting than watching oval racing.
    However, the cars are really really good, and the road config is superb for some weird combo of modern yet old racing tech.
    Nice job, thanks ISI.

20. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Tried the car last nite started with Portugal. (Im not really an oval fan)

At first the car feels like a truck but not that it is dead in terms of physics dynamic. After that i tweaked the gear ratio down by 2 clicks and hooo my gooddd....

By far the most monstrous road car ive driven in sim bar none! Driftable too! U can either throw this car into corners or caress it to save tires but both will bring you alot of feel into the wheels!

Tried it on Lime Rock and you can appreciate the fidelity of the physics this car have. I was thinking that the AM GT3 is alive and the Toyota Celica GTO was monstrous.
    This car is on another level.

Kudos ISI....Super job