2 screen setup?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ErnieDaOage, Oct 6, 2013.

1. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Hi folks!

Iam using 2 screens for more than 6 years now but not for gaming. I tried to setup my 2 screens for rf2 and it works i just got 1 big problem, i don't know how i can setup my screens right. If iam driving with one screen like usual i use a big fov 80-90 to see the whole windshield and the mirrors. My idea was to drive with reduced fov and enable the 2nd screen, to see the whole windshield and mirrors. But my image is always centered in the middle of the 2 screens which is a bit annoying, because i got that barrier in the middle of my view. I just want to use the 2nd screen enabled to see the rest of the car, but keep the wheel and dashboard on one screen.

Has anybody tried this before and can give me some tips or is this just a weird idea from myself? :)

2. ViSo

ViSo Registered

this is just a weird idea from yourself, cant be done :)

Can be done with 3 monitores, because the center is the middle screen, no bezel, with 2 screens is just imposible, the imagen will always be centered.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I imagine your two-screen-wide image will always be centred on the camera direction. So in order to 'fix' your problem you'd need to point the camera to one side. rF2 doesn't currently allow you to adjust the camera orientation directly. You could do it for offline purposes by editing the appropriate .cam file and putting it back in the .MAS file it came from.

The only other thing that comes to mind is using the look left/right functionality to force your view to either side. You can adjust the amount of 'look' in your PLR file. (Glance Angle=). Then you just need a way to make it constantly look left or right as appropriate.

(presumably a plugin might also be able to look left or right an arbitrary amount? I've never played with that sort of thing but the third-party view plugins must do this; then you'd just have the plugin delay to contend with when you first jump in the car)

4. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

5. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

I think the Real-Head-Motion Plugin also allows for this. I use that to adjust my view a little more downwards. You can set the default viewing angels and Head-positions in that plugin.
    Of course it's gonna be tricky when you change from an LHD to an RHD car :confused: