NEED INFO 2 questions in one, 'promo code' & 'wheel problem'

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by jon157uk, Oct 1, 2013.

1. jon157uk

jon157uk Registered

Hello there, I've just installed rFactor2 demo, everything seems ok apart from I can't get my wheel to configure properly. All the buttons and gear shift work great but steering is just not working correctly at all and it's impossible to steer the cars.... It's an old Microsoft Force Feedback wheel with 6 buttons and two shift paddles.

Second question - When I try to purchase the full game I keep getting asked for a 'promo code' and can't get any further ... where do I get the code from please?

Any help on either of these issues would be great... Thanks

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

[MENTION=16555]jon157uk[/MENTION]; Sorry for the delay in reply. With that wheel, you probably need the skip updates hack as well, but I frankly don't know why it wouldn't work. That is an old wheel, though should work with the skip updates active.

You shouldn't be getting asked for a promo code to continue. Sure you weren't leaving another box empty?

3. jon157uk

jon157uk Registered

Thanks Tim, I gave up trying to get it to run as I was getting nowhere. I'll re-download when I get the chance and try it again with your suggestions... Thanks

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Ok, best of luck. Try to get your wheel working in the demo before you try to purchase of course. :)

5. Speed

Speed Registered

Okay, it figures, just after I posted my question regarding some weird performance issues that seem to be related to my old thrustmaster wheel I happen to come across this post that mentioned the "skip updates". Don't know how I missed this in other posts but this was clearly the solution to my problem. Now my old TM wheel works fine and the demo is performing beautifully. So the good news is now I feel comfortable purchasing the sim...the bad news is that I have to find a new reason to update my hardware :eek: