2+ controllers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTFREAK, Sep 18, 2011.

1. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Will rFactor2 support more than two controllers? The first rFactor sadly only supported 2 game controllers at a time. While this isn't a major issue with programs such as JoytoKey, it would be nice to not have to use third party programs to get the job done.

The developer Q&A session said "multiple" controllers would be supported. What's considered "multiple"?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is rF absolutely limited to 2? I only ask because there are 'unused gizmos' for a full Controller 3 axis list if you get into GUI-editing. Doesn't necessarily mean it will actually pick up / assign inputs from a third controller, obviously.

3. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I think you can set 3 controllars in rF.

4. Revvin

Revvin Registered

Im sure it's three, it's a minor nuisance if you have other controllers plugged in like flight sim controllers because you have to unplug everything to play rF or one of the games that uses the gMotor engine

5. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

I've only ever been able to use 2 controller in rFactor. The moment I plug in that third controller, it never shows up. Whether or not it's a bug on my end, who knows.

6. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

I have a G25, a CSP pedals, and a Logi Atack for handbrake, all connected and working.

7. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I can also confirm, that rF supports 3 controllers with no problems

8. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Thanks guys. I guess I have an issue somewhere.

9. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

I can still report that rFactor does not see the third controller.

I have CST Pedals, a G27 wheel, and an TSW Sequential shifter. If I plug in two of those controllers, they both work. If I plug in one more controller, one of them will not work.

If you look closely, rFactor will even give you a hint as to how many controllers it handles. Look on the page where you set up your controllers. At the top you will see two tabs. One tab says controller 1, the other says controller 2. Where is the third tab for the third controller? I don't see it. Do you?

I'd would really like to know how all of you got that third controller to actually work. Is this a Windows 7 issue? Is it a USB issue? Is it the order in which you plug them in? There must be some magic secret here. So someone please spill the beans. Fill me in on how you got that third controller to work.

10. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

Every search seems to return 3 controllers max. I am pretty sure when I had a Frex shifter hooked up to a DFP and used my G25 with pedals connected direct with a Bodnar box all worked fine in rFactor. The DFP died so I had to get brave and solder the Frex shifter to my G25 shifter so I only have 2 controllers now to test.

Do you see all three in Windows Game Controllers?

11. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Yes, actually I do.

But I have to apologize here. For some odd reason my Space Navigator conflicts with all of my controllers. I use it for 3DS Max, but when I play rFactor, for some reason it takes over and makes things go haywire. So the problem is fixed.

12. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

Good news!

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's what I was eluding to in my post... the 'gizmos' (sliders etc) for Controller 3 are available, but not part of the default GUI. If you feel the inclination you can edit your GUI and add them.