[REL] 1991 Group C v1.1 Released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Dec 24, 2015.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeah I tried that, or something similar anyway.

I don`t have any prefix`s... the skin is working by just naming it "alt" the banner is altExtra2 and the headlights are altwindowsin. This works and all of those show up fine but when I did as suggested and used the 3 Extra400, Extra401 and Extra402 files for the rims and renamed them the same IE altExtra400 etc they didn`t show...

On the tyres... yeah I thought it would mean a complete repackage/update... pity as the tyres having the correct logo`s would really finish the skin. Is it a huge pita to repackage etc? Never done it...

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Hey Liquid. :)

Yeah mate I have the latest templates with the notes and have followed the advice there but still can`t get the rims to show for some reason. I must be not doing something or doing something wrong I guess. :p

On the tyre sidewalls... the car I`m doing uses Michelin so it would have been nice to have sidewalls that had that on them as the car also has Michelin logos on it but now it`s going to have to have Michelin logos and Yokohama or Goodyear tyres... :p

3. redapg

redapg Registered

Here a Screenshot from my Try, with the Names of the Texture-Files
    Don't laugh about the Rims Color. :)

EDIT Forgot:

Normally no, but if you've never done it before....
    But you'll find enough Information by Forum-Search or HERE or HERE.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
  4. tjc

tjc Registered

Hey... those are definitely eye catching rims :cool: :)

Thanks for the info redapg I appreciate that. I`ll give it another try maybe renaming all the files, maybe a prefix of some kind is needed after all. I see you have a "c" before the "alt"... interesting... I`ll experiment anyway.

I`ll check out that link for the repackaging as it would be good to have the correct logos on the tyres.

Many thanks. :)

5. redapg

redapg Registered

Don't care for the "C", it's just from my name "Chris". :)
    The Prefix "ct" just means "ChrisTest ".;)

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh right, I actually just noticed it was "ct" and not just "c" :p

Ok I`ll try things out as I say. :)

Man, quite a lot to go through in that packaging tut but I`ll have a read through it and see how I get on. Might take me a while though lol :D

Cheers. :)

7. cbvta

cbvta Registered

I did not try adding a number or name before the "alt". I did have a number after the alt. will have to try what you have suggested. I have not tried using a mas file. I will have to look into that as I don't have the software to make a mas file.

Thanks for your help, will update once I have tried your suggestions. will be on the weekend as i`m away from my puter for the week.

8. smbrm

smbrm Registered

The mas file creation software is in the tools section of the game files which is in the support sub directory.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... :( I`ve tried adding a prefix, different ones too but still can`t get the rims I want to show with my skin...

I`m not actually painting the rims, I just want the gold coloured cross spoke (ALTExtra400.dds, ALTExtra401.dds, ALTExtra402.dds) to show with my skin but nope...

10. smbrm

smbrm Registered

TJC
    In order to add the gold spoke rim with your alt skin you probably don't have to create alt skins for the gold cross spoke wheel. Did you try using your alt body skin and just selecting the gold wheels from the upgrade list.

Or did you actually create new gold cross spoke wheel skin files with the new alt names? The alt files have to be created to be available.

Your replies are not totally clear as you seem to just tell us what doesn't work and not what you have done precisely?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
  11. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Hey tjc, all you have to do is go into the tuning area(upgrades) and select the gold rim as smbrm says, Goodyear,Rim B, no Cover or Yokohama,Rim B, no Cover.

12. redapg

redapg Registered

Now i have to ask: which Car exactly do you use?
    Could you post a Screenshot where we can see the Car and the selected Rims in the Upgrades?
    Normally the golden Rims are selectable in the Upgrades.
    Or did i get something wrong?

13. tjc

tjc Registered

smbrm...

Yeah I have tried selecting the gold spoke wheels from the upgardes list with my alt skin and that does work fine. I know that can be done. :) I was thinking/hoping that I could create the rim files I wanted to my skin package and then those wheels would be selected as default with my skin...

I hope this is a little more clear. :)

14. tjc

tjc Registered

Hey man,

Yeah I know that Liquid and that works fine, I`ve np`s with that I just thought I could create/add the gold spoke rims to my skin package so they would be selected as default. :)

15. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ve just realsied I should have made one post to reply to you all as I`m just saying the same things to all 3 of you. :p lol

Do you mean what car am I using for my skin?

I`m using the #07 Jesus Pareja.

[​IMG]

I know the rims I want to go with the car can be selected in the upgrades I just thought I could add them to my skin package to have as default but maybe that doesn`t work... (?)

I appreciate you guys helping with this. :)

16. zack

zack Registered

a visuable indoor windshield pls :cool:

17. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ve just realised that you maybe meant a screenshot of the rims I`m trying to use and how they were named... sorry for the dim moment. :p

I named them with the prefix tc - eg - tcalt etc and it still didn`t work. I also tried other prefix`s with no joy.

As I`ve said though, maybe when using the rims that are already in the upgrades (IE not painted in any way) this won`t work as the same rims can be selected in upgrades?

I don`t know... just seems a bit strange to me that I can rename the windows and the banner and they work but not the rims.

Guess I must be not grasping something or just doing something wrong...

18. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

19. redapg

redapg Registered

Reading your latest posts, it seems as if you want to have the BBS Rims with the golden Spokes (Rims "B") as default.

It's not really your fault that it don't works. :)

The "A" Rims, use the Material extra3 and not extra4.
    Extra4 is for the "B" Rims, so far so good.

But because an "A" Rim is the first in the Upgrades-List, it is the default one.

You could try to work with "fixed Upgrades" to get the "B" Rims as default.
    But you will have to do that for every Track.

Or you repack/update the component and add a new upgrades.ini, where the first Option is the "B" Rim without a Cover.

20. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Yeah, that's something we noticed time ago, and the idea is to make that one of the cars to use the golden rims as default in the future, this way you could select this car as a base for your custom skin.