[REL] 1991 Group C v1.1 Released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

no, it should be:

car_3ALT
    car_3ALTextra2

That's for the Porsche, for the Mazda I think it's extra3 but I didn't try it yet.

2. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Thanks, that is much clearer.

3. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Added a note to the Templates download to include skin naming document for new users.

The note information is displayed below so people don't have to re-download the templates.

Porsche 962C Template Naming
    ----------------------------
    extra1 - Wheel Cover(see 962C_Cover.txt in templates)
    extra2 - Banner
    extra3 - Rim A 6 Spoke - Colour Only
    extra4 - Rim B Gold Cross - Colour Only
    windowsin - Inside
    windowsout - Outside

Mazda 787B Template Naming
    --------------------------

extra3 - Banner
    Wheelcap - Wheel Cover(see 787B_WheelCap.txt in templates)
    Rims - Rim - Colour Only

4. smbrm

smbrm Registered

This would appear to be useful info?
    I think that this info needs more clarification with a precise example of the required naming of the cover *.dds file.
    If I understand your note and the txt, one needs to make 3 wheel cover*.dds that would be named?

962C_cover00altextra1.dds
    962C_cover01altextra1.dds
    962C_cover02altextra1.dds

But of course that doesn't work as the instruction for the output would be helped by a better example.

There is also reference to rotation blur stages, however blur stage is not defined? Any suggestions on the amount of blur for each stage?

Thanks

5. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Ok, since I wasn't getting a response, I managed to now understand the naming convention for the wheel covers. Just wondering if there was a hint on where to place them so that they are loaded when a virtual skin in loaded? Is that even possible?

Hopefully someone has a suggestion?

6. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Gave these a go today. Quite a fun update. At low speed I wasn't convinced, but once you start pushing they're very enjoyable.

7. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

You weren't getting a response because I have to find stuff out from other people and everyone is on holiday until next week. I gave the material names to help you play around yourself. I am not sat here on the pc during Christmas.

When I get the information I need I am going to include it with the templates to help people, but until then you will have to rely on information ISI has given about skinning and how its works, btw don't hold your breath for that either because it does not exist, or do what everyone else does, play around.

It wont be long to get that done, but it will only start when people are back from the holiday period.

Regarding where to put the wheel covers, did you try to put them where the main skin is(same folder)?

8. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Thanks for the reply. Apologies. I only made the comment about not receiving a response, as being an adjunct to going off and trying to understand myself. I recognize that folks don't reply sometimes because they are busy, or in some cases, no one knows the answer(yet?). So it wasn't intended to be a criticism as much as reflection of what transpired: if no one responds, no one responds! So carry on. I hadn't actually noticed that forum traffic had slowed that much for the holidays, sometimes it doesn't seem too. I hope you have been enjoying your holiday time?

Thanks also for your efforts on this file. Please know they are appreciated.

Doing any of this is relatively new to me for Rfactor2.

So here is what I have learned/observed. They relate to placement of "...ALT..." files in the same directory as the "...ALT..." skin unless otherwise noted.

1) There appear to be 5 original files related to the covers.
    962C_cover.dds
    962C_cover_s.dds
    962C_cover00.dds
    962C_cover01.dds
    962C_cover02.dds

2) Naming the wheel covers as an adjunct to the skin name doesn't seem to work. So (as in the above example "car_3", "car_3Altextra1.dds" didn't seem to work. This suggested to me that you have to retain the 962C_cover(??) part for the motion blur files to work, since they are all "...extra1.dds" files.

So the exact format "might" be:

962C_coverAltextra1.dds (base file?)
    962C_cover_sAltextra1.dds (I guess this is what must be referred to as a shader file since that is what the content looks like?)
    962C_cover00Altextra1.dds (This is a motion blur file, with no apparent blur)
    962C_cover01Altextra1.dds ( This is a motion blur file with about 25% rotational blur compared to "...cover00...")
    962C_cover02Altextra1.dds ( This is a motion blur file with about 30-35% rotational blur compared to "...cover00...")

It is easier to re-colour "962C_coverAltextra1.dds" and then motion blur appropriately and save for "...Cover00...", "...Cover01...", "...Cover02..." than to try and re-colour "...Cover01...", "...Cover02..." etc.

Placing these in the skin directory did not make the new covers appear.

Placing these in the subfolder "misc" did not make the new covers appear. ( somewhere I read this suggestion which I think is related to RF1)

So the question then becomes where do they go? Is it even possible to make them appear for a specific skin, or are they hard coded generic? Maybe you have to make a whole new vehicle?

4)I have also confirmed that a revised helmet will appear with (per the example) "car_3 althelmet.dds" if this file is place in the "...ALT..." skin directory. I would also expect a drivers suit to appear with "car_3altdriver.dds" however this requires a good driver template psd to work with. THe Helmet.dds is a little easier to work with, however a "*.psd" would also be helpful. Not sure if the appearance of the helmet is only for the player or all when on-line. But it certainly shows for the player. The driver and helmet "*.dds" are not the same layout as for some other cars in Rfactor2.

5) Using "Create ...new car/driver from current" did create a new directory in the files, however the new car did not appear in the "select vehicle list" game screen?

So over to whomever wants or can add to this subject.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
  9. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I can help you with this one at least.

I made new cars and one of my friends was able to create new cars. After you use the "create new car" button, you will be able to see a new directory with the car's name and a .txt file with the data of that car. You can edit that file in order to makes changes

10. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

11. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

For those having difficulty using all the template features for this mod, I have gone through and remade the templates download and included proper explanations on how to use and format them for ingame use as well as some examples of mod files.

Apologies for making you have to download the templates again but there was no way I could post the information here without it being a page long lol.

Happy New Year All

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mdd5vnf75uy11t7/MAK-Corp_Group_C_Templates.rar

12. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks for your very nice skin. I confirm for newcomers that the process you explain to put them in game works as intended.

Cheers.

14. Gintonika

Gintonika Registered

I'm disguising some Porsches as Toyotas 90C-V....
    I will upload full three cars soon, and maybe some japanese porsche too.

WIP

[​IMG]

15. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

One thing to correct on the files I shared, is to rename de 0.rcd or 1.rcd files to a name, other way, if you already have a 0.rcd or x.rcd it will be overwritten.

16. Gintonika

Gintonika Registered

Well, here's the skins to 4 cars, all three Toyota 90C-V Le Mans 1990, and Schuppan Porsche Takefuji #33 1990
    Just decompress the zip onto your favourite \UserData\player\Settings\MAK-Corp_Group_C_Mod\
    example: \UserData\player\Settings\MAK-Corp_Group_C_Mod\ROTHMANS_17
    Then on tunning press Reload and select the desired skin with <>, press Reload again to make sure you have the extra dds (wheel rims, banner, etc), then go race.

Toyota 90C-V Team Tom's Minolta 1990

[​IMG]

Toyota 90C-V Team Tom's Taka Q 1990

[​IMG]

Toyota 90C-V Team SARD Denso 1990

[​IMG]

Porsche Schuppan Takefuji 1990

[​IMG]

Download zip here:
    http://www.megafileupload.com/eb4d/dg_custom962.zip
    or here
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/55jaak65eodb4rb/dg_custom962.zip

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  17. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Great, thank you ! I love Ratzenberger's car.

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks very nice skins.

19. zack

zack Registered

thank you for this mod! :)
    maybe for the next update a windshield? 4 immersive ^^

20. Rocket123

Rocket123 Registered

I am so enjoying these Group C cars . Derek Bell is my idle and I always wanted to race these types of cars . Bloody AWESOME !!!

Thanks

:eek: