[REL] 1991 Group C v1.1 Released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Will the Jaguar & Peugeot be added to this fantastic mod at any stage?

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Registered

Did a test at Sebring and the 962s are doing times about 10 second faster than they did in real life(1:46s instead of 1:56) and seem like they have about 100 more horsepower and tons more grip. Anybody else had that issue?

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Be sure to compare apples with apples. Sebring track in 1970 was different from the VLM version.
    Cheers.

4. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Yeah, Sebring circuit used to be different. If you compare other tracks lap times as Brands Hatch you will find that lap times match. The cars have the same power than before, with less torque in the case of Porsche, the aero and tires are the same, just the suspension has changed.

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Registered

1991 is where I got those times.

6. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

Best lap times on 1991 Sebring 12 hours >> 1:50
    Best lap times on 1992 Sebring 12 hours >> 1:48

http://www.racingsportscars.com/results/laps/Sebring-1991-03-16.html
    http://www.racingsportscars.com/results/laps/Sebring-1992-03-21.html

If you are doing 1:46 possibly you are using a full rubbered track and a high turbo position which real cars couldn't afford for a long time. You are using a simulator for some minutes, and even if you make explode the engine you just press Esc and you have a new car ready to go without spending extra money.
    If you wish to be slower just use a green track and less turbo. Driving on realistic conditions provides surprisingly accurate results, despite the fact we are not driving exactly the same track (tracks change every year, actually every day and every minute!).

7. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Until 1990 they used the 6.614 kms version (Pole positon 1.55), in 1991/1992 they used the 5.955 kms version (Pole 1.49 and 1.48 in 1992)

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Registered

Ok, thanks.

9. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

The other big thing about Sebring in those particular years, was the terrible quality of the track surface, it was a patch then a bump and then another patch.

10. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

More of my personal recommendations for the best Group C sound! :
    (continuation of this post: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/1991-group-c-v0-96-released.51226/page-6#post-843532)

-Use headphones for onboard driving

Using headphones is one of best (and cheapest) options to reproduce cockpit sound perspective.

-Play it loud

Perception of frecuencies change depending on volume. These sounds are made to be heard at high volume.

***Caution: 'High' doesn't mean 'extremely high'. Don't use headphones at very loud volume during prolongued time. It may cause hearing loss

-Rfactor 2 audio options menu:

Sound effects volume: 100%
    Engine volume: 100%
    Tire volume: 100%

-Track CAM file

Exterior sounds use some HQ samples. You should increase track cameras volume to enjoy exterior sounds at their best. Set this on every camera of your CAM file:

ListenerVol=(5)

(This change doesn't affect any onboard sound volume)

Enjoy it!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  11. plech

plech Registered

Hi,

I have been driving 962 most of the time and I have problem keeping up with AI.
    Most of the time with other mods I use about 100-110% AI diff settings and I am OK.
    But with this mod on 95% I could not keep up.

AI is about 10s faster than me. For example on Suzuka I had about 1:55 ( AI was laping 1:45 in qualy ).
    I used 15/15 turbo.

And on ripped Nords a I was able to get 6:15, but AI was under 6:00, but I guess AI is
    not good on this track.

Would be glad for tips etc.

12. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yep. There is nothing better than playing rf2 in rl loudness[emoji16] thanks to God there are no Top Fuel dragsters in rf2[emoji6]
    The sounds of this mod are top notch. Especially the engine sound of the sauber. Goosebumps.....

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

13. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Hi, I use the AI between 92 and 100% with low aggression (near 15%) and I get great fights, but I think we could revise the AI for next versions to get a more equal performance on acceleration at least.

Some examples about how I use it

Sao Paulo=100%
    Sebring= 96%
    Suzuka=92%
    Baturhst= 94%
    Adelaide=92%
    Road America= 95%

14. plech

plech Registered

Thanks for info ;)

Yeah they pull away a lot when accelerating out of corner, when braking they seem quite equal.

I also use H-shifter (its named differently I guess) in Upgrades and it seems that AI does not have to wait that long when shifting up to not to have a misshift.

Foresight likes this.
  15. Foresight

Foresight Registered

+1
    I see that too

16. Superbee426ci

Superbee426ci Registered

Has anybody else noticed that ride height doesn't seem to affect the downforce/ground effects on these cars? I did some experimenting in the 962 , I ran various heights, rake angles, and spring weights at Indy (for the long flat straights). I would first park in the pits to confirm the motec ride height matched the garage ride height. I then would do full laps at a steady speed, 100mph, 150mph, & 200mph. The motec data shows the downforce increases with speed and that the ride height decreases, which makes sense. However the changes to the setup made zero difference to the downforce, I also checked the suspension loads and they displayed no change. Additionally, the default setup causes the car to run far too low, at 150mph the front is at 24mm and the rear at 26mm, at 200mph it is down to 12mm & 14mm. I make no claims to be an expert on aerodynamic or ground effects but it does seem strange that there was no effect. I love these cars and I love driving them so by no means am I complaining. I was merely working on a setup and noticed the low ride heights at speed.

17. yoss

yoss Registered

18. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

>>>>Has anybody else noticed that ride height doesn't seem to affect the downforce/ground effects on these cars?

Concerning ride height sensivity, as i told you on pm, I have done some telemetry checks with Sauber C11 and Porsche 962.

Sauber C11>>> 3 different ride heights: 45-65, 55-65 and 45-75, measuring downforce at 306kph.
    Results:
    55-65 downforce was 98.2% of 45-65.
    45-75 downforce was 97.9% of 45-65.

Porsche 962>>> 2 different setups: 50-60 heights + default springs, and 50-70 heights + harder rear springs (to increase rake).
    Results:
    2nd setup downforce was 8% bigger than 1st setup.

Big or small, ground effect is there. And I think changes of 2% on overall downforce (per cm of rear height change) are already respectable, since they can give several tens of seconds per lap when properly set up.

Anyway thanks for doing deep analysis, which is not very common lately.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Claudio Navonne likes this.
  19. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I only drove this mod briefly for a few minutes a while ago and didn't do any further analysis, but the thing that instantly struck me was the weird aero of the cars in this mod.
    I was going over that hill at Lime Rock Park, and instead of the cars tending to blow over backwards as in real-life, the cars in this mod tend blow under forwards (or whatever you would call this strange phenomenon), as if the front doesn't want to loose downforce at raised ride heights, while the rear does.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Jyyka Pihtari and joenathan3005 like this.
  20. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

If a Mercedes C11 could speak then it would ask to do this:

Damian Baldi likes this.