[REL] 1967 Endurance (Proto/Sports/GT) - modded Howston G4

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by woochoo, Jan 5, 2015.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm having a problem with the Chaparral/Chapel. I got a new system, so that meant re-creating all my profiles. I use a special controller profile for the Chapel to activate the wing via the clutch pedal. I can't seem to get it to activate any more. I've edited the profile so that both front & rear flaps use the same command, I've cleared the clutch completely since the car is a semi-automatic prior to assigning the clutch pedal to the flap. But it just sits there, no movement, no dashboard light, Has anyone else tried the White Winged Wonder since versions 1126 or 1128 or rF2?
    MORE:
    Partially solved it. I was testing at a non-DRS track. After changing to Silverstone I could activate the Wing whenever & wherever I wanted. Looks like S397 has added something that disables DRS at NON DRS tracks.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    woochoo and mantasisg like this.
  2. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

I made a quick patch that clones the fields into 1966FT and 1967FT. The only differences are that the car preview images don't work and that tyre change time is only a couple of seconds. It's a small workaroud for singleplayer racing purposes. The AI takes new tyres every pit stop but is capable of adjusting fuel strategy; this makes it so the AI can splash for fuel without having to sit for two and a half minutes in the pit lane.

The unmodified cars are still accessible too, so you don't have to uninstall this to swap back.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jh39i47gp9tnobq/1967FT.rfcmp?dl=0

woochoo and Mauro like this.
  3. Emery

Emery Registered

I suspect this new feature will break the Chapel (Chaparral) wing control on historic tracks if the track does not have a DRS zone declared. Has anybody tested?

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Ah, @Alex Sawczuk has an answer for us:

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If I wanted to be able to use DRS at any point on the track, driver's discretion, for use with the Chappel. How would I edit those lines Emery posted above? Remembering that BOTH FRONT & REAR flaps are activated with the Chappel/Chaparral.
    @Alex Sawczuk
    Would this be a possible UI addition in the future to turn off all DRS rules at any track?

mantasisg likes this.
  6. woochoo

woochoo Registered

A while back I modded a 397 HUD to include old-style gauges. There have been a couple of requests for it recently, so here it is.
    There are little red marks on the tachometer. They don't move. If they're not at a correct shift point for whatever car you want to drive, you can either ignore them, or use them as reference only (ie, just before or after the marker if they're close to the right range).
    The gear number indicator does turn red for the shift point, like they do in other HUDs.

I believe the photoshop file is included in the mas file, and can be accessed once installed. Feel free to mod.

Install the HUD by extracting it to your Packages directory, and installing from the in-game content menu. Then select it in the HUD display section.
    397HUD_Historic_woochoo-annotated.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
    PedroJ, svictor, bears and 7 others like this.
  7. Bernat

Bernat Registered

That's very cool. I didn't know I needed it until now.

Mauro, ling and woochoo like this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Guys I am incredibly happy today. I just found a way to fix an issue which has been ruining this mod for me for more than 2.5 years. I wanted to make little bit of improvement for tires and maybe little bit of rebalancing/improving few cars this whole time, and couldn't. Still have to do some testing to make sure that I am not dreaming.

Guys, perhaps you could remind me a bit your feedback from the last time, and perhaps you have new feedback ? For sure AI will probably need some retouching. Anything exact ?

Hopefully if it really is so good like it seems to me today, maybe there could be an update of physics to these beautiful fantastic sounding cars in a month or two.

jimagn, svictor, davehenrie and 3 others like this.
  9. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Yes with pleasure, You will give us a link somewhere to make some tests. I didn't find it so far...
    Thank you.

10. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

We will see how it will go with testing. Currently I am just looking what else is there to improve from the last build which is available in steamworkshops.

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I briefly looked this morning after @Mydriaz said he had difficulty finding it. Nothing came up under 1967, endurance or Woochoo.

Mydriaz likes this.
  12. redapg

redapg Registered

Maybe THIS one?

mantasisg and davehenrie like this.
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There it is! Thanks for digging that up. Still one of my faves but I rarely turn clean laps in those things. It's fun to use the Wing. @Mydriaz , if you want to drive the Chappel, make sure to pay careful attention to the readme. Enabling the button for both the large rear and hidden front wing takes a wee bit of text editing.

14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I am going through all cars now, 2F will be one of the last ones. It is not that hard to configure a controller preset for it, takes a little effort, but it is so worth it. The feeling of stepping on "clutch" pedal to activate low drag positions feels like some sort of pressing one more throttle pedal, it is very amazing and fun. It is like StarWars but before movies came out :D George Lucas was fan of racing btw

jimagn and davehenrie like this.
  15. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you guys for all this information!

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I was blessed with an opportunity on working on so much different cars physics thanks to brilliant idea by Woochoo. With each step taken further I enjoy learning about how much it is possible to get from rF2, and how much more enjoyable, realisitic, dynamic, soulful and alive these cars can get.

For a bit too long time there was no evolution in my physics work, because I got stuck on some issues. One of which was a strange issue regarding steering mismatch in game vs steering wheel controller. After this got fixed two years of canned passion, interest and motivation came through in a form of: new or vastly improved chassies for most cars, broad suspension improvements for most cars following chassies and improved knowledge, slight tire tweaks, one car got slicks !, more attention to how engine life works and adjutments to that (be smart with your revs and watch out for oil temps, guys), many other little or big tweaks. I haven't counted hours I spent in past 50 days, but I spent way more time than I'd like to admit I did, close to full time. Almost regretably during whole september as it was almost as beautiful outside as it can possibly get. However, most of that was so productive and smooth it was surprsing to myself, with a week of relaxing on getting some 1954 cars proper chassies work too. Interestingly most work in 1967 pack went on Austin Healey and Mini Marcos tribute cars. Plenty of work on other smaller cars too, Porsches, Lotus 47 tributing cars. All of the big boys didn't require as much attention, maybe because they are essentially less different from Lola T70 that Howston G4 replicates. The only top car quite a bit different from the top guns is 330P4, and lots of work on it too.

I hope the update won't disappoint. Hopefully it will run live in not too long. One thing that would still help, would be many hours of driving, just simply many hours of driving and taking notes. I myself alone can't drive that much and notice everything. Watch out these cars there might be either steam update, or some test purpose package might appear somewhere, who knows.

Some pics for inspiration. These are the cars that brings us the passion, that makes things go round in here:
    https://imgur.com/a/If0IMy5?fbclid=IwAR3ALEeCxciECMUER_1G05cyl-SBm0VyBiLvwLgWv5K1t4XVoYGL81Zva3k
    https://imgur.com/a/a0MZsQe

17. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

To be honest, I have never tested this mod.
    But your words make me very curious.

mantasisg likes this.
  18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It looked like your update is not at the Workshop yet. The changelog showed 2021 as the last update.

19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

No it is not. And the question is if it should be there soon, or less soon. I need more testing to happen. Or perhaps I don't, but you guys need it. For my needs the cars are absolutely perfect now, although probably most of them still has good room to get into higher class. I just drove Abarth representing one, and oh my, it is fine, just AI is too fast. I could test alone for thousand hours and the update would be ready only in April...2025, or I could get some support and it would happen before this mid November. Who has any deeper interest in any of the cars from the pack are welcome to ask me privately for a link, in exchange of support in form of observations, opinions, ideas - anything to move forward.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Maybe anyone knows anything equally as epic in production like this 1968 recap, but for 1967 ?