#10YearsOFrFactor Conversions Released for rF2!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Correct me if I'm wrong - and I hope I'm wrong - but I thought the gJED tool was just for graphics and therefore tyres and overall physics still need to be done as they have always had to be done. Or does the gJED tool roughly convert the entire car to the newer RF2 engine model, suspension model, tyre model, etc. etc. (all the core physics engine stuff buried in the RF2 core).

The question is, if we do have texture update packs, can we use/install them in the RF1 version and only then bring the track into gJED so as to convert the track with the updated textures instead.

I think I have 3 different versions of texture updates for many RF1 tracks - SLN, the guy who charged money (I think he got hired by iRacing), and I think one more guy.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
  2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Thank you for this surprise ISI and congrats!

Sardian looks good, regardless of old textures and I´m very happy to have this in rF2 now, as many rF1-memorys are related to this track!

Have to disagree on Kodi-sounds: I find them more or less terrible. Internal not that bad, but external is on Megane-horror-level :p

Little bug report: GTDial-HUD buggy with this car: numbers of gear and speed are not displayed there.

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Mate SLN is Luc Van Camp he is employed by ISI.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Happy Birthday rFactor, I bought you roughly around this time 10 years ago and I've never looked back. Many Thanks for this treat ISI :)

5. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Ah I misread it, Apologies Spinelli :rolleyes:

6. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Really great. Thank you so much. Sardian is great for a quick conversion. Hopefully some other tracks will find the way to rf2. I'm still missing lienz and machwerk. Thank you isi and happy birthday to the sim that teaches me to love sim racing.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

7. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

as much as fbx and gmt are compatible...

8. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Have you tried this Lienz? It's pretty good the way it is.

9. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Happy birthday, ISI and rFactor! :cool:

10. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yes I did. But it was about a year ago. So I will give it another try. Thank you rhamm

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

11. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

What was the first ISI sim you played? Nascar Thunder 2003 for me.

12. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Ah rFactor...

My memory's not so great so the order of things isn't very clear but IIRC an rFactor DVD was in the box with my DFGT which I bought for GT5.

I launched the game and my first impression was that the graphics were so different from GT5 but I could tell there was more to the physics and I soon discovered rFactor Central and immediately began combo binge-ing ; mostly with tracks (especially "rally" circuits).

Once I discovered HistorX I drove nothing else other than the 37GP although there were several other very high mods.

Interestingly, after dedicating several years developing my skills in rFactor 2, when I came back to rFactor 1 I discovered that there was so much going on that I just wasn't perceiving and also that setups (especially caster) can truly transform how cars feel and how the stock content that people criticize is likely due to the default setups.

I've been driving rF1 more than ever lately since Log Analyzer now supports it.

Long live rF1, rF2 and ISI...

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

No prob Steve; the way I wrote it was a little tricky :(

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

How would I enforce a certain upgrade package on a dedi server? This car has SO MANY OPTIONS!!! :D

What was the name of the car that looked a little like an Aston Martin in rF1? Sounded a bit like a V8...... Tbone livery was a must! :D

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I havent downloaded it yet but the RF1 version has either 3 or 4 preset upgrade packages kind of like GT1, GT2, 3, 4, etc. and I believe you could use those preset upgrades for servers.

16. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

lol

Thanks ISI and happy Bday!! This really is fantastic news. :)

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hopefully. I must have misunderstood it because I didnt know RF2 could convert an entire RF1 car over in just a few hours. I thought all the physics took a long time, that's why I thought he meant specifically just the graphics as a way of saying just how fast gJED.

If, prior to gJED, graphics was the only thing that wasnt a relatively quick convert but everything else only took a couple hours then I'm suprised that stopped a lot of modders since the graphics could be updated over time while everything else (RF2 physics, tyres, flex, motor model, sounds, etc.) could be converted so quickly. That's why I thought the "few hours" statement was only referring to gJED and therefore only graphics. But if literally the entire car can be converted in just a few hours then that's really awesome.

18. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Happy anniversary or birthday!!! ;)

19. TechAde

TechAde Registered

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered