107 pTool crashing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lordpantsington, Sep 23, 2012.

1. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Not exactly sure what is going on, seems to be triggered by trying to load a tgm. Shortly thereafter the tool crashes. Wondered if any else is having issues with Build 107 and pTool stability?

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

The +ttool is working fine with me.

If you're getting instant crashes just after the TGM load you've to check your TGM files, maybe you've a corrupted/wrong Lookupdata checksum.

Try to remove everything in first lines; Your file have to start with the [QuasiStaticAnalysis] section.
    Check if your lookupData table is created by your own QSA or is taken from another TGM. In this case you've to delete the lookupdata then reload the TGM to calculate your own lookup.

BTW..first thing you can try is just to remove the lookupdata to see if it load without crash.

3. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Another important thing;

Before you open a TGM file BE SURE the Run Physics is set to OFF. This way you block the ttool from starting a fail calculation on missing/partial/wrong data.

4. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I think I found my issue.

I expected a standard windows dialog box to pop up to load a specific TGM. Instead I needed to manually type in the name of the TGM that I was trying to open.

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

To save typing, you can also hit ctrl-v to paste filename to tire tool if you have just copied it from file before. I find that to be rather simple in winXP as it is just two slow clicks and ctrl+c, but in more modern ones more is needed to get extension too.