1 FPS bug

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by lbird, Mar 5, 2013.

1. lbird

lbird Registered

I have a nagging bug which is almost there from day one and was also there in build 146 and before. I don't know if it was already posted, if yes please point me to the thread, a search revealed nothing similar.
    When i made my choice of car and track and the loading is finished, i end up in the monitoring screen with the pit window on the lower right. The frame rate then is sometimes abysmal slow, like 1 fps. You have to wait a couple of seconds till you can click a button. Driving is not possible, it is a slide show.
    What i am normally doing then is leaving the track and leaving rF2, restart rf2 (no reboot of Windows necessary) and most of the time the framerate goes back to normal. This is not specific to a certain track or car or combination thereof, it seems to be quite random, but often enough to be really annoying. I did not experience this with rF1 or other games. My video card is a Nvidia GT460, always newest official drivers, BS is Windows 7 64bit, everything updated.
    Does anybody have an idea what causes this?