“Insufficient Video Memory”

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Christian Ross, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Christian Ross

Christian Ross Registered

When I try loading the game up I get a Startup Error saying that I have Insufficient Video Memory and that 512MB is required. I went into my System Settings and it says that I do in fact have the Minimum Required. Any possible fixes?

Attached Files:

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Laptop? 512 is no longer sufficient. And shared memory is not always detected.
    We have had a rash of laptop problems of late
    All I can offer is the hope S397 will someday update the requirements on Steam and within the program itself. minimum requirements with all the changes rF2 has undergone are far greater than what is currently stated.

3. Christian Ross

Christian Ross Registered

Yes it’s an ASUS Laptop. I used to play rF and rF2 all the time on this same laptop several years ago and both games ran fine. Now with the popularity Sim Racing is getting due to the times it gave me the urge to get back into it so I reinstalled rF2 and it isn’t working anymore. Hope things change.

4. stonec

stonec Member

Actually an Intel HD 4400 is even well below current minimum requirements listed on Steam. I think it should let you launch the game if you just press Yes, but obviously the experience won't be great with integrated GPU's.

5. Tommy2Fingers

Tommy2Fingers Registered

you can try going back to version 1109 dx9 in steam rf2 properties / betas