“ are rfactor2 physics broken” video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Mate i even posted image of entry at same exact spot. You can see on entry i was at 161 on both settings and on exit i was at 200 on both settings ...expect i went wide with P4 ARB option.

2. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Yep but to me this is normal, I don't see any exploit or problem here. I might be wrong.

3. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

detaching arb in fast corner with an aero dependent gte car is better .. how is that normal ?
    Not to mention i did not even have to tune camber for lack of roll bars, still managed to be better.
    Disappointingly it can be made even broken than this.

4. Comante

Comante Registered

When you take in consideration a single turn, obviously the setup with more mechanical grip has some gain, especially when you can anticipate the turn in accordingly. Take a S turn and see how things changes.

5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

rFpro isn't done by S397 ;)

AMillward likes this.
  6. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

First of all, saying that the car is "better" is a bit abusive in the sense that we only have one example of what happens, I can make a video that would show exactly the opposite.

Secondly, is the camber perfect with the ARB P4? Who can prove that to us? It may not have been good in either case, or it may have been better without the ARB, how can we verify that? This is only your opinion in the end...

Well yes, on a fast corner (well fast...180 to 200 km/h, not so fast) reducing the ARB can give more mechanical grip, I don't see what the problem is, especially with such stiff suspensions.

I don't know if you know this old french car from Citroën : 2 CV (2 Chevaux) which was rolling like hell, this car had a very good, extremely good grip because of this roll...what makes you think that a rolling car will lose grip exactly ?

7. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

I know but I don't think he limited his statement to S397.

EDIT : yes he did, I misread...so I'm clueless now, don't know what he meant :)

Remco Majoor likes this.
  8. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I currently don't want to go into discussion but i will just add that i tried the exploits V.S normal setup throughout the whole lap and results were disappointing.

9. pferreirag60

pferreirag60 Registered

Thats the problem with the other sims, after you tested the FFB of rfactor2, is impossible to drive in others sim, like AMS2, where the FFB is just atrocious, or ACC.

instinkt likes this.
  10. Comante

Comante Registered

the only exploit you have shown us is the "hypersteering" one, I think you have too much confidence in your opinions and your opinions seem to support the idea that aerogrip contribute a lot more than mechanical grip to vehicle dynamics. You also seem to overestimate the impact that carbody movement have on this aerodynamic influence. You should probably consider that a mechanical vehicle NEED a mechanical connection to the road, and aero contribution is a SURPLUS value, not a substitute value to grip generation and handling.
    We have tried to tell multiple times that mechanical grip INCREASE when you put the vehicle's tires in contact with the ground, rollbars, dampers, springs, are icing on the cake, because as the Citroen 2CV of the above post,all the grip in the world means nothing if you have to anticipate each direction change of 2 seconds because the car yes, stick to the ground, but on HIS trajectory, not YOUR trajectory.
    So, to make a 2CV able to follow a track in the faster way possible, you GIVE UP mechanical grip, in favor of other stuff, like taking under control of the suspended mass of the vehicle.

11. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Hardening the anti-roll bar at the front will make the car under cornering, hardening the rear will tend to make it less under cornering...in fact, by hardening both, you've reduced handling, which you can clearly see.

I think you should try with ARB P4 at the rear and maybe 2 or even less at the front, the car should handle a bit better but may become oversteery...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  12. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Thought it was just my settings that weren't good in AMS 2...god, how frustrating its FFB can be...

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Can you please come back and explain this further? I was curious so quickly changed a mod's damper values to be stiffer (I did try another step to further reduce the suspension movement, but the forces were too high) and checked the log, it seems to me tyre deflection is accounted for:

upload_2021-1-7_7-18-11.png

14. Bruno Gil

Bruno Gil Registered

Look, you keep saying you got similar results with both ARB options, BUT you went wide with ARB 4. When you do a mistake, don't you lose time? So, by that logic, wouldn't NOT going wide make you faster, thereby faster than arb off, which is your intended (and imo correct) result?
    Imo, what we see here is not adapting the driving style to a setup change. Like many other things in this thread, probably.
    Still, a lot of good points raised and a very needed discussion

15. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Can you guys just look at the speed at the end of clip ? It is the same EXACTLY 200 km/h
    You can't excuses lack of realism on driving technique. I'm no PRO but after 7 years of driving and getting extremely close to alien times in every simulation i play that too using no TC, i don't think i cannot adapt to setup or anything.
    Don't put this on driving or anything else, physics are bad plane and simple.

16. Comante

Comante Registered

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There are so many variables here it's really hard to judge anything. Plus you're making predictions about relative performance from a setup change (or two) based on your own understanding - so even if a well controlled experiment showed an unexpected result, it's only based on your own theories. (which may be right, or may not be... so proving what?)

Here's a comparison from your videos, using the front left fender as a reference - I'm aiming for the point where the inner visible edge meets the white line:

upload_2021-1-7_18-29-33.png

upload_2021-1-7_18-30-6.png

If you looked blindly at those and asked which one might lead to understeer, you'd say the second wouldn't you? And that's what happened. Is that all that happened? I don't know. That's kind of the point.

You're making too many absolute statements about setups and their effects, and too quickly drawing conclusions from poorly controlled experiments.

Remco Majoor, Bruno Gil and Comante like this.
  18. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

This results was consistent, i did it multiple times and results are same.
    Yesterday i tried hacked setup by maximum low camber, low wing, detaching arb all the stuff and i'm just as fast as my normal realistic setup around a lap of zandvroot gp(old)
    The physics are broken isn't even a debate or opinion . All alien are using these exploits.
    I tried same exploits on ACC yesterday and guess what i spun out on same corner.
    Meanwhile people in rf2 running leman aero package on sebring lol.

Nothing to assume or debate this needs fixing, don't repeat the loop.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't know if you're following the seeming trend of "No '+1' or like means you disagree with me" but again: I'm not saying there isn't an issue.

But there's no point presenting proof that isn't proof. Surely it's possible to actually present some proper evidence, right? Not just someone driving fast while sliding.

I'm not being dismissive here, I'm serious.

20. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

How about this, completely ignore my post no problem.
    Can we acknowledge that alien are using same exploits ? yes.
    Are these exploits fast and working on top level ? yes.

Why there needs to be any further evidence by community when everyone knows it.

I thought my proof was just further solidifies the issue but oh well, no problem.

All i hope from this community is too push this issue, let devs know that this needs to be priority NO.1